TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Pitman Arm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2017 at 7:23am
I think that's 8000 characters for you to submit your request.
Lucas660 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2017 at 5:57pm
Keep trying the fripps, but you could also try eagle spares in Dandenong, they had the idler arm bush (moog) for my classic. Or try autosurplus.com.au they have some parts.
mick gill View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mick gill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2017 at 7:00pm
Thanks guys. Been a bit time stressed with my one tonner off the road but I'll chase all of these leeds. Thanks again, Mick.
71 Matador 360/Auto
77 HZ One Tonner 350/T400
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2017 at 7:36pm
Yeah don't give up trying Steve Fripp as he may have some new ones or some second hand ones around

Or try this website RockAuto or actual page if it comes up;

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/american+motors,1971,matador,6.6l+401cid+v8,1005455,steering,pitman+arm,7368

While it doesn't have anything under the Moog part number but if you put in Matador, V8, Steering it comes up with some Power steering and manual steering Pitman arms. The power steering arms are different brands again then mentioned in previous post. Not sure if these are any good for you?

Edited by 70Hornet - Jul/16/2017 at 7:51pm
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2017 at 8:07pm
US ones don't fit our Aussie cars unfortunately.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2017 at 8:12pm
Bugger!

The manual steering Hornets can use a US part so I just thought the Matador's etc may have been the same

What are the Moog ones you mention originally off? IE RHD specific or a LH car?

Update 5 minutes later :-) its OK I just re-read GremX's article wow they were AMI specific. Although with a US part number I gather they were for the RHD postal cars over there?

And that is a great article that one GremX.

Edited by 70Hornet - Jul/16/2017 at 8:21pm
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2017 at 8:33pm
They are for earlier 60's US cars like the Ambassador.

You are lucky with the Hornet since all parts cross over except for the drag link.
mick gill View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mick gill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2017 at 12:49am
Spoke to Steve Fripp today for about 20 mins today and he's on the case. I'll still chase all the leads you guys gave me. Cheers
71 Matador 360/Auto
77 HZ One Tonner 350/T400
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2017 at 1:38am
This place in NZ perhaps:

http://www.briconengineeringgroup.co.nz/

There is also a place called the ball joint doctor in Coffs Harbour.

I'm not so sure about the injection type repairs though.
74gremx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74gremx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2017 at 2:24am
I have s/h ones because I'm a hoarder and knew these days would come. But hard to check for wear even if you put the taper with a nut onto into a vice. You can't really duplicate a 1-1/2 tonne car that way. But if someone has one really bad I can sell what I think is reasonable to give it a try. I'm in hospital at the moment so bear with me.

Thanks for the good words on my article. It took a while to put together. I think it summarizes what ami did in narrowing it down to only keeping two parts in stock the entire time they were in business, even though the us changed mid 60's

Edited by 74gremx - Jul/17/2017 at 2:35am
1970 Javelin 360/727
1974 Levis Gremlin X 304/904
1964 American Convertible
1974 Matador wagon (parts)
2016 Holden Cruze Equipe
2014 Holden Colorado
"Don't mistake activity for achievement".

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic