TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Penske-Donohue Javelin Replica

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coloradoamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2016 at 3:25pm
Yes, they are klvn8r.  They said I would have a one year exemption on the trans, but eventually it would need to go.  
343sharpstick View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2016 at 10:19am
I would love to see this at a vintage racing event, and I think lots of others would enjoy seeing it too.
With the real Penske car worth north of 800K, and the responsibility of keeping it undamaged, and limitations on what can be changed, It would be more fun to drive this car!

BTW, the real car was at Road America a few years back, I was lucky enough to hear it run a couple times. THAT is one pissed off AMC!
ambassador401 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambassador401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2016 at 10:47am
If I remember correctly it was noted in Donohue book that they were going to use big kelsey hayes (lincoln) calipers first but there was some supply problem and they went with girlings instead.

I have 70 and 71 homologation papers and in 70 there are k/h calipers, big lincoln type front and smaller mustang type rear. In 71 there was girlings front and back. I think that supports the story in the book

ambassador401 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambassador401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2016 at 1:03pm

Coloradoamx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coloradoamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2016 at 11:27pm
Thanks, that is really interesting!  June 11th, taking the car to Pueblo Motorsports Park to the Trans Am Invitational.  2.5 mile track to do some laps as well as display the car at the event coordinator request.  Looking forward to that
jav343 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jav343 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2016 at 3:22am
This is a functional work of art, Wayne. Hats off to everyone that had a hand in this build.
Chris
2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7L, 1997 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L, 1968 AMC Javelin 5.6L 
amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2016 at 6:09am
pretty nice
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
Brad View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2016 at 6:21pm
Beautiful ride! I love it , great job! 
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coloradoamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2017 at 1:29am
Time for an update...I am having a destroked 360 being built for the Trans Am Javelin.  The engine is also dry sump, so here are a few pictures of the dry sump tank and lines installation.  At some point I will fabricate the cowl to accommodate the 3 gallon tank like the real car had, but for now, I'm installing the Peterson tank in the interior of the car.  

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coloradoamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2017 at 1:41am

Edited by Coloradoamx - Aug/14/2022 at 7:19pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic