TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Peking to Paris Rally 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P2P AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2016 at 3:48am
See new You Tube footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzoAixUiMrA

Unedited drone shoot
Jim
Dare to be diffident
P2P AMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P2P AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2017 at 12:00pm
Left over bits are now on ebay in the UK and I've posted a note in for sale forum here
Jim
Dare to be diffident
P2P AMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote P2P AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2018 at 5:02am
Thanks to all in AMC world for the help in getting my AMX ready for Goodwood Festival of Speed 2018

Couple of good You Tube videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7ZoytPy6TA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAKyRzAa46Q

And a good write up in Hooniverse;

The p2pamx.com website is getting loads of hits too

It was a great weekend and we wouldn't have made it without the help of the greatest number of enthusiasts on the AMC forum

Heartfelt thanks,

Jim Valentine

Jim
Dare to be diffident
73Gremlin401 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73Gremlin401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2018 at 2:31pm
Really nice story in Hooniverse, and the video at Goodwood is fantastic.  Glad you were able to get there, the car looks quite comfortable filling up the stage road!
73 Gremlin 401/5-spd.
77 Matador Wagon 360/727.
81 Jeep J10 LWB 360/4-spd
83 Concord DL 4-dr 258/auto

Annandhan View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annandhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2022 at 4:38am
I am really interested in the javelin . Can you tell me whats the price . Email me at raypaliam@gmail.com.  Thank you 
P2P AMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P2P AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2022 at 3:39pm
Haven't been on here for a while, which is odd given the last couple of years, but was working flat out during Covid.  
Some normality returning, after a big tidy up and respray underneath we're just doing a round of upgrades on Geen Remmen after a little slumbering with Royal Kustoms in the UK.  Car will be getting a more effective front end suspension and some changes to the clutch and cooling.  Ended up angle grinding off Mongolian mud from the exhausts...

Had a good response from an entry on the Firle Beacon hill climb earlier this year.

Hope you're all well,

Jim

Jim
Dare to be diffident
BrotherBamc View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2022 at 6:00pm
Having to grind off mud..?!?!!
That must be some kind of concrete mud..!!
Must be like a clay mud.? 
I've never heard of such a thing before.. LOL 
Thanks for the update..!! 
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
My Garage
jebidia24 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jebidia24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2022 at 8:09am
P2P AMX,
I also haven't been on the forum in awhile, but I definitely dig the AMX.  I believe your build may have inspired Tim O'Neil to build a ARA stage AMX here in the US.  I am currently building a stage rally car out of a 79 Spirit (it's slow going).  I know it's late to respond but the first AMC in the Sahara was a early Eagle SX4 which ran in the Dakar rally (DNF).  It ran in 1981 and was piloted by Jean-Pierre Kurrer and Jean-Marie Chanteux.  It and the O'Neil AMX are picture below. I look forward to future updates on the AMX and would like to see it in an American rally if you ever decide to make the trek. 

1981 Eagle SX-4 258
1979 Spirit Kammback 122
P2P AMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P2P AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2023 at 4:23pm
Hoping to catch up with Tim's car in October.  Geen Remmen is prepping again, having another go at the front suspension, heat factors, some driveline stuff and maybe we'll find where the water gets in even when it doesn't rain...

Jim

Edited by P2P AMX - Aug/09/2023 at 4:26pm
Jim
Dare to be diffident
P2P AMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P2P AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2023 at 7:34am
Update from visiting the other AMX rally car at Tim O'Neil's , what a facility, what  a host, so an image of me and the car that turned up on line while researching P2P adventures of others.  New front end suspension coming along.
Jim
Dare to be diffident
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic