TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Peking to Paris Rally 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2016 at 7:25am
be an interesting thing to see how this pans out
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
White70JavelinSST View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2016 at 10:43am
AWESOME !
70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
Aljav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2016 at 8:50pm
This is incredible!!! I wish you guys the best of luck. Keep us posted on any and all progress. Hopefully you can keep us posted during the race some how.
69 AMX 9.86 132 mph 71 JAV/AMX and 69 Javelin, .. NAMDRA member #1106
Peter Jan View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2016 at 12:53pm
Big smile You do know that 'Geen Remmen' means 'No Brakes' ?
Aljav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2016 at 3:39pm
I saw that on their Web site. No need for brakes when your on a mission!!!...LOL

Thumbs Up
69 AMX 9.86 132 mph 71 JAV/AMX and 69 Javelin, .. NAMDRA member #1106
P2P AMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P2P AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2016 at 6:20am
The name Geen Remmen was given when the car was collected in the Netherlands with a big label on the steering wheel for the workshop staff, just sort of stuck.

Thanks to all for your continuing support. Updates on progress fairly often on www.p2pamx.com and we'll try to keep an event blog during the rally.

The organisers will be tracking the cars during the event and we should be able to have a link up to the cars location during the rally.

Many thanks,

Jim
Jim
Dare to be diffident
uncljohn View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncljohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2016 at 2:01pm
There is no reason in the world why this should not work, so good luck and a lot of folk including myself are on your side.
70 390 5spd Donohue
74 Hornet In restoration
76 Hornet, 5.7L Mercury Marine Power
80 Fuel Injected I6 Spirit
74 232 I-6, 4bbl, 270HL Isky Cam
P2P AMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P2P AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2016 at 6:15am
Great Day testing on Friday, check out the video got a great shot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsp8HHGdk_0

Also Erik Carlsson's memorial service video is back up on You Tube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=14&v=RaOvGWS9yOE

My old two stroke 96 features second in line to the museum car, mine is the one with most stickers, and that is my bald patch in a suit early on

Today we leave for Morocco and a longer test on the fringes of the Sahara. Fairly confident this will be the first AMC car to visit Africa, can anyone confirm this?
Jim
Dare to be diffident
hassyfoto View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassyfoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2016 at 6:18am
Kool Video!
Will be watching your post on the preparations and race when they happen.
Good Luck!!!
Murphy's Law:
Any given mechanical job you decide to solve alone will imminently require a third hand, at its most critical moment

Peter Jan View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2016 at 8:19am
Originally posted by P2P AMX P2P AMX wrote:

Today we leave for Morocco and a longer test on the fringes of the Sahara. Fairly confident this will be the first AMC car to visit Africa, can anyone confirm this?

Could be the first AMX on African soil, but who knows ?
I have seen a few older AMC Jeeps and a Concord driving around in Morocco when I was travelling there.
Some Rambler Renault (Classic "CKD" kits assembled in Belgium) found their way into Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Egypt through Renault dealerships in the late sixties.
AMC's were assembled in Durban, South Africa. First Nash/Hudson in the fifties, later under Rambler nameplate during the sixties/seventies I think.
Probably not that many around anymore these days, but you can definately encounter AMC's and Ramblers on the African continent.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic