TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Pacer motor mounts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubblekar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pacer motor mounts
    Posted: Feb/24/2009 at 4:13pm
Does anyone have a source for Pacer 6 banger mounts? The rubber in left one has "collapsed" in my '77 and am now feeling a vibration throughout the entire car (but surprisingly no banging or clunking) TIA
scott View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2009 at 4:43pm
There was someone on ebay that used to sell an improved version of the Pacer engine mounts. Try a seach there, or maybe somone on the forum knows who was making them.
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2009 at 6:09pm
I think Andre Jacobs in Texas was able to refurbish Pacer mounts with Dodge Dart parts.   Also, Glen Hoag on the Pacer mail list or on the AMC mail list will know who does this.   If you don't want to join one of those mail lists, let me know and I'll post the question for you.  I was able to get NOS Pacer mounts three years ago for my Pacer.  Joe 
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
Bubblekar View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubblekar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2009 at 6:32pm
Thanks for the replies. Found the OEM parts numbers and checked with the local Chrysler/Jeep dealer and while he did find the numbers listed, they've been unavailable for a very long time.

J3226964 (R)
J3226965 (L)

Edit:
http://southtexasamc.tripod.com/after.htm (search for #21) $69.95 each or $129.95 pr plus core

Edited by Bubblekar - Feb/24/2009 at 6:41pm
76PacerX View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76PacerX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2009 at 9:21pm
I have the link on my home computer (I'm at work)  I'll post the link here when I get home!!
Bubblekar View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubblekar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2009 at 9:34pm
I found several sources for just the rubber part of the mount (with the steel insert), but apparently it's not stock as it needs to be welded into your original housing...the price is right though, $20 each!
76PacerX View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76PacerX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2009 at 3:12am
http://www.performanceamstyle.com/Cart/description.php?II=1002&sessid=078ef841e4343f0dbb97040bebb0a03a&divi=amc
Bubblekar View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubblekar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2009 at 10:16am
Thank you very much! $34.955 for a PAIR...and with free S&H!!!What a friggin deal!!!!
76PacerX View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76PacerX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2009 at 4:57pm
I just ordered mine today.  Good Pacer parts are hard to find........
76PacerX View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76PacerX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2009 at 7:35pm
Just received them, very nice motor mounts with a nice price and fast shipping, you can't beat that!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic