TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

OZ AMX REGISTRY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2016 at 3:22am
Spoke to Craig Norling at COTM, he had #9 and #22 prior to Dion, from what he said they were purchased from different people and I don't think either car came from Andrew Page. (Should have taken notes)
AMCAMX390 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCAMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2016 at 3:05am
As of yesterday Sherlock & Watson can confirm Aussie AMX's No's 5, 13, 14, 20 & 24 are alive, maybe not well, in Victoria. Yet to be sighted but at least we have owner confirmation.
AMCAMX390 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCAMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2016 at 4:23am
Further to previous post about Aussie AMX's in Victoria. Recently met a gentleman who claimed to have briefly owned a red AMX in the 70's. 343, auto, right hand drive which would almost have to make it odds on to be Australian. It was stolen in 1978 in Townsville never to be seen again. to those who have been in the AMX scene much longer than me does this seem plausible?
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2016 at 4:03pm

THIS WEEKEND!

Sunday 28th August
AMC/Rambler Federation Square Melbourne Showcase
10.30am to 3pm

Some of this countries finest AMC 2 door cars, especially Javelins and AMX's on display for all to see.
There is possibly still a spot for a display car. Please PM me asap and I can put you onto Allan Briggs who is organising this great AMC event.

For anyone with half an interest in AMC's, or cars in general, this will be well worth a look. And for passers by in Melbourne on the day will be an awesome sight to see.

Another great show to showcase our often forgotten marque
SmileTongueSmileTongue

Mostly last. View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mostly last. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2017 at 4:47pm
Researched this thread alot. Great to be able to contribute with an update.
Lucky a few months back to purchase AMX#14. Have started in on restoration.

This is my goal. Back on road like in 1992.
Lifted this pic from a home video of number 14 on the road early 92, kindly sent to me by Colin Main.

Also very lucky to purchase AMX#24. Been well looked after all its life. Really enjoy driving #24.
Being able to refer to #24 is a huge help with work on number 14.
 I have to apologise to all Aussie AMC fans, the only things not original on number 24 are my doing.
Two non AMC hose clamps when I got the radiator recored and I didn't buy redline tyres to replace Ray's original made in Australia Dunlop Aquajets.

69 AMX. Aussie AMX#14
68 AMX 390 ex USA.
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2017 at 4:53pm
Good score on both cars, nice to see #24 out and about and #14 finally getting some love.
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2017 at 2:30pm
Yes nice score. when did you acquire 24 off Ray , beautiful car and well cared for . Lucky fella , I have two Aussie AMXs # 2 and #15 over here . #2 is in very good shape and #15 is getting there with just the carpets, fuel tank , and finish off the dash areal show piece. I have problems sending pictures on here and have promised Jason picture from start to finish and ask him to up date the hole build to the OZ AMX REGISTRY . I'm hoping by Xmas finger crossed , pm me and have of a chat .

Doug.
Mad max # 15
Mostly last. View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mostly last. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2017 at 3:09pm
Was super lucky to meet Ray in June this year and even luckier he and his family trusted me and my Co-pilot with their AMX.

Have studied every thing I can find about the Aussie AMX's so been keeping an eye on what you are doing.

Took me some time and a few failed attempts to get those pics up.

Was hoping catch up with you maybe at COTM.
But now is good. PM on the way.
69 AMX. Aussie AMX#14
68 AMX 390 ex USA.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2017 at 3:19pm
Them 4 Australian AMX's couldnt be in better hands. Not only will they be well maintained but it looks like they will see some regular use allowing many others to see and appreciate them Smile great work guys

Doug I still have no idea how to put photo's onto this site. I am actually a bit of a technophobe. I put some of my photo's onto the Shannons website the other day for last months Retro Auto's mag comments but that was an easy browse and click job. Photo's onto this site have to go through another photo site or something. I do remember trying a few years back but my computer kept locking up. I have a new computer now so maybe I will give it another try soon
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2017 at 3:20pm

[/QUOTE] Beautiful!!! Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>
  Share Topic