TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

OZ AMX REGISTRY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbgjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OZ AMX REGISTRY
    Posted: Oct/13/2012 at 7:50am
ATTENTION:
The "New and Improved" Forum Post Title is "OZ AMX REGISTRY" Beer(formerly Who's got the two OZ AMX's) now let's all have a nice cold stubbie.
Is this acceptable?  (I hope this was legalBig smile)

Had their info, but lost it.  They just bough them of of Deon a few months ago. Shoot me PM some time, I have stuff you may need.

Edited by bbgjc - Mar/20/2013 at 5:12am
aussie rambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussie rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2012 at 8:03am
thats "huddy55" who got the amx
bloody mongral bastard ramblers....lol..
bbgjc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbgjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2012 at 10:05am
Thank you very much
huddy1955 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huddy1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2012 at 4:06am
What have you got that we may need for the AMX's? Send me a PM if you like. 

Steve Fripp
1955 Hudson Hornet Custom
1963 Rambler Classic 660 wagon
1969 AMX 343 auto NO# 09 of 24
1973 Rambler Matador Wagon 360
1985 Jeep J20 pick up 360
2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic
plenty of parts cars
AMConverted View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMConverted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2012 at 4:34am
Hi Guys, a little off topic but I thought you might find this interesting. I knew a guy, Phil Bryant. He told me his father had a Rambler dealership somewhere in Sydney back in the late sixties, early seventies. Phil told me that his father used to bring home different Rambler cars from work. He told me that his dad had the first AMX in Australia at his dealership and had driven this car home one night. Phil said his dad took him for a spin around the block in it, making him the first AMC mad kid to ride in an AMX in Australia. He's a pretty decent guy, so had no reason to doubt his story. Lucky little bugger. So, this is obviously one of the AMX's that huddy has??? He had moved away 2 years ago, so cannot discuss anymore of the subject with him.
1967 Rambler American

I'm not old, I'm just old school.

huddy1955 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huddy1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2012 at 4:58am
Very interesting story. There were a few AMI dealers in Sydney at the time that sold AMI products. I've got at home three personal diaries of a former Rambler sales rep from Sydney's biggest dealer, Grenville Motors. The diaries contains names, phone numbers, type of car that the client is enquiring about and his possible trade in car. Many well known company names are also mentioned in his diaries. One day I will scan a few pages and posted it here. 

Going back to that as mentioned AMX, being the first one sold in Australia doesn't mean it's the number one car built. My AMX is numbered 09 whilst the other car belonging to my brother in law is number 22. Far as I know my #09 car was first sold in QLD. I'm not certain about the #22 car.

Has anyone else have any idea on what cars were allocated to what states?
plenty of parts cars
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2012 at 5:16am
AMX-01 is over here in Perth, but would that be the first one or would it be the pre-production car? Seems not much history was saved from AMI that might have told us what cars went where and lots of other interesting stuff like that.
AMConverted View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMConverted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2012 at 5:19am
sorry guys, I wasnt implying it was car no1, just that he told me it was the first AMX for sale in the country. The name of that dealership rings a bell.
1967 Rambler American

I'm not old, I'm just old school.

huddy1955 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huddy1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2012 at 5:29am
I've got the list of the sales reps at Grenville Motors somewhere. I will try and find them. I'm not sure who owned Grenville Motors at the time though. 
plenty of parts cars
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2012 at 7:22am
Originally posted by AMConverted AMConverted wrote:

sorry guys, I wasnt implying it was car no1, just that he told me it was the first AMX for sale in the country. The name of that dealership rings a bell.

Yes, I guess build number doesn't necessarily flow through into sales sequence. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
  Share Topic