TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Ollie's 69 Rambler Sedan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 58>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2018 at 7:03pm
That Ranger rear will be a good addition.  Kinda like how their looking each other over in the last picture Thumbs Up
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
Devilboy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devilboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2018 at 7:29pm
I can not wait Ollie. I know you are having fun ideas for it.
Jeremy
AMCRC #10059
AMO #10906
1965 American 330
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2018 at 8:58pm
I think an idler pulley would be a good idea.  
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2018 at 5:26am
You will likely need an idler pulley on the AC. Only way to know for sure is run it and see if it slips. On the tensioner, why not re-drill the mount and move both the idler and tensioner down?
Frank Swygert
1982AMCConcord View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2018 at 6:42am
In echoing what some of the others have said... I don't think there is enough tension on the belt either.

Also.. Ollie... can you share the rear axle specs and what year/model Ranger you looked for? Did you have to shorten the long side axle and tube to fit the small body Rambler?
nextofkin View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nextofkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2018 at 7:42am
Looks good on your build, on the idler and tensioner bracket could turn the bracket around the one held on with 2 bolts and mount the idler on the right and tensioner on left or top providing you have room for radiator hose or may need to drop it down a little by redrilling the 2 holes if you have hose clearance.
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2018 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by 1982AMCConcord 1982AMCConcord wrote:

In echoing what some of the others have said... I don't think there is enough tension on the belt either.

Also.. Ollie... can you share the rear axle specs and what year/model Ranger you looked for? Did you have to shorten the long side axle and tube to fit the small body Rambler?

John, if you are trying to put the Ford Ranger rearend in your Concord it is to narrow. The Concord is wider. To fit a American, 1966-1969, you need a Ford Ranger 1989-1993. I have the de-coding info as to the gear ratio for the Ford Rangers.

I agree about the belt.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2018 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by nextofkin nextofkin wrote:

Looks good on your build, on the idler and tensioner bracket could turn the bracket around the one held on with 2 bolts and mount the idler on the right and tensioner on left or top providing you have room for radiator hose or may need to drop it down a little by redrilling the 2 holes if you have hose clearance.

That sure looked like a good idea, I tried it. My tensioner was going the wrong way. Great idea...

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2018 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by farna farna wrote:

You will likely need an idler pulley on the AC. Only way to know for sure is run it and see if it slips. On the tensioner, why not re-drill the mount and move both the idler and tensioner down?

Originally posted by 232jav3sp 232jav3sp wrote:

I think an idler pulley would be a good idea.  

I agree, got Jeff Kennedy working on it.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2018 at 5:37pm
I spoke to Jeff about a pulley below the AC compressor. He said there is not one there. 

My good friend Pete came over to look at what i had. He said that if you could find a pulley to mount below the compressor on the AC bracket he would not expect it to last to long. He thought a 3/8" bolt with all that pressure into the aluminum bracket was doomed to failure. Pete agreed with Frank, lower the idler pulley.

I fabricated up a plate and lowered the idler pulley.

I can see from my previous pictures i have increased the foot print of the belt. I can't go much lower as i will interfere with the thermostat housing. 

Here is the picture in the TSM...looks about the same.

Now i have to run down a belt.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 58>
  Share Topic