TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Ollie's 69 Rambler Sedan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 58>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2018 at 8:01am
Frank,
Thanks for your input. I really respect your opinion.

I used the Isky 256 on my 232 build and planning on the same with this 258.

I need to enter your knowledge bank regarding the serpentine belt upgrade. I have a shop manual but I am a bit confused. I am going to have AC, PS & alt.

In all serpentine belt applications the TSM shows a smog pump. Can this be left off and will the belt tension up? I realize I would need a shorter belt.

Looks to me as if the alt and ps brackets are all the same for v belts and serpentine. Correct?

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2018 at 2:52pm
Just got home with my "new truck"

1992 Ford Ranger. Going to pull the rear end for the 69. I used a Ford rear end in my Convertible and it has worked out really good.

I am working on the serpentine belt on the 258 and its going a bit bumpy but its coming on. I got a post in the 6 cyl section.
Serpentine Belt

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie

Edited by Ollie - Sep/28/2018 at 2:55pm
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2018 at 2:45pm
Got the serpentine belt figured out now. I have a new vibration damper, 100 amp alternator, reverse water pump ordered. I plan on adding a tensioner to the system.

My PML valve cover arrived today....

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
Devilboy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devilboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2018 at 3:06pm
Coming along quick. Nice work Ollie.
Jeremy
AMCRC #10059
AMO #10906
1965 American 330
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2018 at 8:25pm
I like what I see! Can't wait to see it in person.
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2018 at 12:12am
Another Ollie special! Lookin' good.
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2018 at 5:48am
Are you going to be running an AC compressor?With a tensioner you can get rid of that funky upper left pulley. Will just have to measure for the belt. A spring tensioner will be so much nicer than having to adjust with the PS pump like the 4.0L does!
Frank Swygert
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2018 at 6:26pm
Been a slow go, but progress on on the serpentine belt and accessories. Got my new 100 amp alternator mounted and the bracket to tighten the belt is moving like it should. Installed the new lower crank pulley.

Thanks to Ramblin64sw for the info on the distributor gear. I pulled the gear off a points distributor and it fits the new  HEI  shaft perfectly. I took Bill D's advise and ground a bit off the flat end of the distributor shaft and it has end play just like the original distributor. 

I see i will have to pull the engine oil dipstick out of the old 199 engine.

Cleaned up the manifold bolts and got them both bolted on.

Still waiting on the back ordered reverse water pump. I will change that before putting on the power steering pump. I did pull of the PS v-belt pulley and cleaned up the serpentine pulley. 

I pulled the belt and tensioner off of the Ford Ranger. I don't like the style of that belt tension. It is a one bolt with a tit that goes into a slot to hold it ridged. I found one at Summit that is held on with two bolts. 

One more big order from Summit tomorrow. Sanden AC compressor, fuel pressure regulator, PS rebuild kit and belt tensioner. That should about cover all the accessories. 

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1982AMCConcord View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2018 at 7:39am
Ollie,

How will you run the auto trans and the Offy intake? I have read in the product descriptions of that intake that they are supposed to be for Manual Trans only. I figured there has to be a way to use them on the auto transmission... so I am curious about how you intend on setting up the trans linkage. Thanks.
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2018 at 11:04am
Use a Lokar cable. The Offy intake won't work with the factory kick-down linkage. 
Frank Swygert
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 58>
  Share Topic