TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Ollie's 69 Rambler Sedan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 58>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2020 at 2:52pm
That radiator looks good! Love the aluminum rad in my Rambler.
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2020 at 7:26am
Oh my Goodness !!!
Got my 500 lbs. coil over's installed and the front end aligned. What a complete difference, totally a new vehicle.    Approve  Our big trip will tell the tale.

Yes, our Ocala, FL run will be the test. Right now with the 500lbs. coils I am running the adjustable shocks at the softest ride. I have 3 more firmer adj to the shocks. If I don't like this set up there are 450 lbs. coils available. 

Got with Thomas and her can do the welding on my wiper control arm when ever I am ready. Good news !!  I will start to work on that project today.

Hi Patrick, life been treating my AMC Friend good? 

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2020 at 11:52am
Got a heck of a story to tell about my windshield wipers........most guys wouldn't tell it, but I cannot resist. Put on your seat belt before reading farther......Wink

The problem is the drivers side windshield wiper is hitting the window rubber and going over it a bit in the wind. Not acceptable.

My cure is to shorten the control arm from the electric motor to the wiper knurl on the drivers side. The passenger side knurl is operated by a rod connected from the drivers side knurl. I shortened the motor control rod 1/2".

Reassembled everything and when I ran the wiper motor it was in a bind when it made a sweep. Ok, I see now that I must shorten the control rod between the two knurls 1/2" . Reassembled again, and I am very happy to see that the bind is now gone. We got it now !!!!   Thumbs Up

Put on the wiper blades........now for the results. The wiper arm is traveling farther than before !! Completely off the windshield !!  Censored

Well its time to shut another successful day  down. 

This morning I called Gavin at Newport Wipers and explained what I did. He informed me that I went about it all wrong. ( Really?)  With my type of system, to shorten the wiper sweep I need to shorten the arm on the motor. Take the arm off the motor and send it to him and he will make me a new one.     MyMyMy

I went back to Thomas and we rewelded my rods back to the normal length. All of the marks were still on his welding table so we know they are the same.

This is how he shorten them.

His fix to get them back to original length..........

I told Galvin I would send him the motor arm after we get back from Ocala.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
Mostly last. View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mostly last. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2020 at 12:04pm
   Know well just how you are feeling Ollie.
Am sure window wipers were invented to teach us patience and never give up.
Thought a few times the cowl needs a long hinged lid set into it.
69 AMX. Aussie AMX#14
68 AMX 390 ex USA.
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2020 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Mostly last. Mostly last. wrote:

Know well just how you are feeling Ollie.
Am sure window wipers were invented to teach us patience and never give up.
Thought a few times the cowl needs a long hinged lid set into it.

Well, to say the least..it has been an eye opening experience. Confused
Got the motor arm sent off and it should be back tomorrow so I am ready for another round.

I am building a new console, that's my latest project. The console I did have is going in Rapid Delivery. It was actually built for a Jeep.

Got my template made for the first section. It will have 2 cup holders, CD rack and speakers. In the very front will be a catch all tray. 

Got the 5" speakers and cup holders ordered today. This console is going to be about the easiest one I have built to date. No wiring to it other than the speakers, don't have to work around a shifter so that makes it so much more simpler. I plan on covering this one in black vinyl. 

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie

farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2020 at 6:09am
Well, when they get it right they will have the formula to make more though! Shortening the arm on the motor, if it's a single point and the motor arm goes around in a circle, shortens the stroke on BOTH sides. If it has a separate point for each arm shortening one only shortens the side it operates. I suspect yours has two separate arms... or rather one arm going across the motor with the motor (transmission) shaft in the middle and a pivot point on each end, like the original vac motor did. LENGTHENING the arm would have brought the wiper in, but would have made it go further down at the windshield base, so it would bind since it couldn't go down further.

On the Classic the cowl vent panel is screwed on. AMC couldn't have saved much by welding the American cowl vent panel in place, just makes it harder to work on and install the windshield wiper arms!! I've always thought that was a dumb thing to do...

Edited by farna - Dec/14/2020 at 6:12am
Frank Swygert
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2020 at 8:19am
Originally posted by farna farna wrote:

Well, when they get it right they will have the formula to make more though! Shortening the arm on the motor, if it's a single point and the motor arm goes around in a circle, shortens the stroke on BOTH sides.........................

Thats the way it is Frank. Actually the passenger side wiper moves further than it should.

My motor arm is "out for delivery" but my mail doesn't get here until 3:30 pm. 
Yes, they should have the complete formula to covert Americans now.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2020 at 9:52am
Slow go due to cold weather,  but progress to report.

Received the new motor arm for the wipers. You can see that it s slight bit shorter.

The new one is on the right.

Started on the console..........

Got slowed a bit due to a major appliance failure here at the mansion. Wife tore up the washing machine. Only lasted 17 years. I hope the new one fairs as well. Bought a Maytag Commercial, has a agitator and fills up with water. Close to a "old school" as you can get now days. 

Maybe the wife wants some "new toys" too seeing as I get "car stuff"   hehehehe

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie

Edited by Ollie - Dec/26/2020 at 9:11am
amcenthusiast View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcenthusiast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2020 at 9:32pm
I always enjoy your intellect and sense of humor Ollie -one of a kind, and it shows...

(hit the 'like' button)
443 XRV8 Gremlin YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=2DmFOKRuzUc
XRV8 Race Parts website: http://amcramblermarlin.1colony.com/
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/26/2020 at 9:16am
Console build continues.....tho not a blistering pace, but progress

Wife has made  her pattern for the first section. She is covering it with black vinyl.

See her Christmas spirit.......Merry Christmas to all!!!!!!!

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 58>
  Share Topic