TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Ollie's 69 Rambler Sedan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 58>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2018 at 12:19pm
Ollie, good story.  Curious about wiring up the Dakota Digital cluster.  I assume the existing Rambler wiring attachments are not correct for the new set up.  How extensive is the wiring for such a set up?
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2018 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by LakesideRamblin LakesideRamblin wrote:

Ollie, good story.  Curious about wiring up the Dakota Digital cluster.  I assume the existing Rambler wiring attachments are not correct for the new set up.  How extensive is the wiring for such a set up?

I really don't think you could use a stock harness to wire the Dakota Digital. Make your own wiring harness with different color wire.

In my case its going to be a lot easier to re-wire the whole car with EZ Wire or something similar. You know what wire goes where plus you got third brake light and etc.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2018 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Ollie Ollie wrote:

In my case its going to be a lot easier to re-wire the whole car with EZ Wire or something similar. You know what wire goes where plus you got third brake light and etc.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
I have done 5 cars so far using the EZ Wire 21 mini. Love their product. I think you will like it too.

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2018 at 6:42am
Originally posted by pit crew pit crew wrote:

I have done 5 cars so far using the EZ Wire 21 mini. Love their product. I think you will like it too.

I rewired a 41 Ply street rod with an EZ wire kit. Thought it was great. I am going to look at them when I go to the NSRA Show in Springfield, MO

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
a075923 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a075923 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2018 at 9:52pm
Going to be a nice one.  Similar was my wife's first car.

Mike
SEdmonds View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEdmonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2018 at 11:21pm
It's neat as a pin, Ollie! I can't wait to see the project as it moves along.
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2018 at 9:11am
Big update on the 69 American project.........

I plan on putting the 1983 258 drivetrain from the Concord in the 69. I have an Offenhauser 4 barrel manifold for an Edelbrock 500. Lokar all the way.

I spoke with Brent, "Fat Man", owner of Fatman Fabrications while we were at the NSRA Show in Knoxville, TN. I have decided to go with his front end. It will be rack and pinion with power steering and a Flaming River steering column.

It will be welded in, not a bolt in. I have contracted TJ and Holley's Rod Shop to due the fitting and welding. Looking about Christmas time for a start date.

I found out a very interesting story....Brent told me he has a soft spot in his heart for AMC. His father was a AMC dealer !!! Told me that he will personally handle this project. Thomas, owner of the rod shop will coordinate directly with him.

Also put my eye balls on the Dakota Digital instrument cluster we are going to use. Teresa loved it.

I been doing a lot of looking and planning on the 69 too. Wow, big difference in the front end grill and hood latch support area between my 66 and the 69. I got room in the radiator area to park a Mack truck!! All the support has been squared out.

The tanks on the stock radiator look perfect, single core is shot. I think my radiator man can re-core with a 3 row core. Plenty of room for a/c core. Plan on building a shroud with 2 cooling fans. Will look sharp with the serpentine belt. I want to be in a traffic jam, shaking because I am so cold from the Vintage Air. It will be built extremely overkill.

A lot of thoughts on the interior. Still thinking on the seats.

I cannot wait to get started. Starting in September when our vacation and summer is over.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2018 at 7:48pm
Today is the Official Blast-off Day for this new project....

I have been waiting for the weather to cool down a bit but that does not seem to be the case. Started pulling the 258 from the 83 Concord.

Trans fluid drained and drive shaft and trans linkage all removed.

All the carb linkage and wiring on this side removed and disconnected. Drained and removed power steering hoses.

Tomorrow need to drain the engine oil and get the right side of the engine disconnected.

While we were at the AMC Races I met up with Bob Hodson and got all the stuff to convert the 258 to a serpentine belt. All I am missing is the AC Bracket. I hope Vintage Air will have it.

I also scored the rear chrome that goes between the tail lights.

With a bit of luck the engine will be out tomorrow, but that maybe wishful thinking on my part.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie

Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2018 at 8:21pm
Ollie, Are you sure you wouldn't be interested in a complete, running '01, 4.0 liter for that? It's cheap! Wink  I'll even include the wiring harness with it. Thumbs Up

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi swapped Javelin
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2018 at 9:10pm
So glad to see work being done!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 58>
  Share Topic