TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Ollie's 69 Rambler Sedan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 58>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69BBB3904spAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2018 at 7:13pm

PM sent regarding this mirror I have that may be the mirror you are looking for
37 Ford Tudor 60 hp V8 flathead, all original, never restored
69BBB3904spAMX
70 Camaro 1st car
74 Hornet Hatch 6 cyl floor/auto
2007,2008,2009 PT Cruisers
Aluminum Deck Car Trailer
maximus7001 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maximus7001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2018 at 8:06pm
Beware when mounting that passenger mirror. It mounts further forward on the car than the driver side one. The passenger mirror on my Javelin has been completely useless since in was dealer installed in september 1967.
1968 Javelin SST

1997 GMC Safari AWD

2001 Daewoo Nubira SX (Winnipeg only model)

1997 Honda Accord EX (Canadian Model)

Winnipeg, home of the Jets.
mixed up View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mixed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2018 at 1:25am
Ollie i will say again that Is one sweet rambler . jack instruction im jealous lovvvve it
69 amx 290 auto
65 220 290 4spd
80 ford fairmont
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2018 at 9:13am
This like car reminds me so much of my 4dr with how solid it is. Body is just sightly better and the interior is lightyears ahead of where mine was when I got it. Mine even had the hacking instructions, too! Lol. And a build sheet! Bet Ollie's does!
6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2018 at 3:57pm
I am thinking about building a console for mine and mounting a radio in it. Then I can cut out the radio spot in the dash for a big AC vent.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
69BBB3904spAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69BBB3904spAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2018 at 4:39pm
Smilemaximus7001 - The issue with passenger side mirrors needing to be more forward than the drivers side mirror in order to see anything in it is pretty much a problem only with 68/9 AMX & Javelins. By 1970, those 70 & later style mirrors could be mounted the same distance back.

The mirror I posted has a base that is not canted and looks like it could mount either right or left and has a much wider angle of adjustment than the 68/9 AMX/Javelin mirror. Ollie could remove his driver side mirror and hold it on the passenger side to see it it works or not.
37 Ford Tudor 60 hp V8 flathead, all original, never restored
69BBB3904spAMX
70 Camaro 1st car
74 Hornet Hatch 6 cyl floor/auto
2007,2008,2009 PT Cruisers
Aluminum Deck Car Trailer
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2018 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by 69BBB3904spAMX 69BBB3904spAMX wrote:

Smilemaximus7001 - The issue with passenger side mirrors needing to be more forward than the drivers side mirror in order to see anything in it is pretty much a problem only with 68/9 AMX & Javelins. By 1970, those 70 & later style mirrors could be mounted the same distance back.

The mirror I posted has a base that is not canted and looks like it could mount either right or left and has a much wider angle of adjustment than the 68/9 AMX/Javelin mirror. Ollie could remove his driver side mirror and hold it on the passenger side to see it it works or not.

I think all the mirrors are the same.I have a mirror mounted on the passenger side on my 66 American. The answer is a 3" bug eye mirror that sticks on. You can see everything then. Works for me.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie

Edited by Ollie - Mar/11/2018 at 7:00pm
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2018 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by 6768rogues 6768rogues wrote:

I am thinking about building a console for mine and mounting a radio in it. Then I can cut out the radio spot in the dash for a big AC vent.

My thought for the dash is: Remove original gauge cluster, fit a piece of aluminum all the way to the glove box. Cut out for a Dakota Digital cluster, where the radio is mount the Vintage Air controls,
Below where the ashtray is mount the radio. Cover the aluminum with engine turn.

I have a console with gauges and radio in my 66. It's the third one I have built, so I got a lot of flaws out of it !!!! hehehehehehe

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie

Edited by Ollie - Mar/11/2018 at 7:02pm
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2018 at 11:45pm
Ollie, the Dakota Digital cluster looks super. Are you thinking of their universal cluster or have them custom design your original cluster bezel?
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2018 at 7:33am
Matthew,

I am planning on using a universal cluster, oblong and thin.

To tell you a bit of a story. I used to have a 65 Ply Satellite, my pre AMC days, and I had a 65 Satellite parts car. I cloned the parts car into a replica of Richard Petty's 65 Satellite race car. Petty actually removed the original dash cluster and replaced it with a piece of flat metal to hold the gauges. I did the same thing to mine with thin plywood and it came out great. That's what I got in mind.

The dash face itself is pretty close to flat. I am thinking of something along the line of 3/16 aluminum. Run it all the way across the dash. My friend has a laser cutting set up. He can cut out the gauge cluster hole, radio, Vintage Air controls, a/c vents, etc.

I really don't want to put everything in a console like I did in my 66 convertible. I had to go with a console because I used the postal jeep shifter and I needed to cover that up. In this build I want to use a Lokar shifter with a leather boot. I will build a junk catcher console between the bucket seats.

Nothing is chipped in stone at this point but just basic thoughts and I hope to get a lot of ideas here as the project progresses.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 58>
  Share Topic