TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Ollie's 66 American Convertible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 27>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2017 at 8:07pm
Hope everyone had a Very Merry Christmas........We did !

Hope the New Year brings all us car guys 365 days of AMC happiness !

Got the drivers side insulation and carpet in. I must say its my best carpet job yet. I really don't think the steamer was much help.

I just used contact cement and took my time and worked the carpet flat, around the contours, a small section at a time. My pattern, i.e., the old carpet, was a blessing. I cut out the hole for the accelerator pedal, slipped it over the pedal and worked from there.

My power port arrived so I replaced the bad one on the console. Got the passenger seat and console put in place.

Tomorrow drivers seat goes in.

After I re-calibrate the speedometer I should be ready for next years AMC Fun.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie

1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2018 at 1:32pm
Seems as if it's been awhile since an update.

The Rambler is running and preforming like a AMC should. Just gave him a top shelve service and getting ready for our BIG Vacation.

Leaving Wednesday for The Auburn Show. Be arriving there Friday.

From Auburn were are heading north to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. When we get to the Canadian border, taking a left turn and next stop the Pacific Ocean. Should be a 8000 mile run for The Rambler.

Hope all three of us; me, Teresa and The Rambler, make it !!!!

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
SeanHatfield View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanHatfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2018 at 3:51pm
We’ll see you there Ollie! Hope the Rambler runs smoothly!
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2018 at 9:38pm
Have a blast!! I will probably be driving to northern Michigan in August with my Rambler.
rms827 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rms827 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2018 at 3:20am
Sounds like a grand adventure, Ollie. Smile

Missed this one before while I was following Rapid Delivery's development.  Gotta say, if I can get my work to turn out near as nice as yours, I'll be VERY happy.

1964 AMC Rambler Classic 660

"You can think I'm an idiot, just don't talk to me like I'm one." - Batman
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2018 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by rms827 rms827 wrote:

Sounds like a grand adventure, Ollie. Smile

Missed this one before while I was following Rapid Delivery's development.  Gotta say, if I can get my work to turn out near as nice as yours, I'll be VERY happy.

You keep after it.....its called experience. I have been retired 13 years, I quit at 54. Done a lot of different vehicles and learned by my mistakes. The more you watch and ask questions cuts down on the number of mistakes.

I too hope we have a big time on our adventure too.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2018 at 3:40pm
Time for a update on The Rambler.....

We had a great trip to the AMO Show in Auburn and on to the West Coast. The Rambler covered 8859 miles and not one issue and averaged 22 mpg.

Last year when we did the Great River Road trip and the Kenosha Homecoming Show we went thru Galena, IL. Sure was a cool town but we didn't have time to stop and enjoy.

We are heading to Galena Monday, Labor Day and take in the sights there and see what President US Grant is up too. Thursday we will drop on down to Cordova for The AMC Races. Sure looking forward to that !!!!

I took The Rambler to the tire shop today for a tire balance and rotate. It has been slightly pulling to the right. On the drive home that issue is gone. Guess he needed some attention after 30,000 miles on his new tires.

See ya'll at THE AMC RACES !!!!!

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie & Teresa
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2018 at 11:34am
Had a GREAT TIME at the AMC Races !!!!!!!! Sorry if you didn't attend, better plan for next year.

The Rambler did the job for us but he is having a idle problem. Sometimes its good then other times its bad. Sure feels like trash in the carb to me.

If it was fuel delivery or ignition problems I would have symptoms all the time.

Here we go.......pulled carb

Look at the trash in the two float bowls......

Guess my suspicions were correct. Don't have any new horn gaskets, ordered some, so got plenty of time to get the Elderbrock cleaned up.

Got one more issue. A 727 transmission shifting issue. It hits kinda hard when shifting into third gear. I talk to Chopper Bob at the AMC Races and he told me how to adjust it. It can be done without dropping the pan.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
AMXTRA View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXTRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2018 at 2:39pm
Great looking car..Do you have any pictures of the seats in the car? What did they come out of?  Thanks
74 AMC JAVELIN HIGH SCHOOL CAR
Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2018 at 2:55pm
I have a suggestion for you Ollie, get a fuel filter for a fuel injected car with the same size fuel line. The filters have a much smaller micron rating than one for a carburetor. I ran one on my car with a 5/16" line from a 1990 Dodge Daytona. There's one with 3/8" nipples for a late 80's Chevy truck that works good too. That will keep that carb clean. Wink

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi swapped Javelin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 27>
  Share Topic