TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Oil pressure sender connector

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2018 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by turbobuick1 turbobuick1 wrote:

I think it will almost be impossible to find a 90 degree number 10 boot. I would personally use a ring terminal, apply heatshrink tubing over the crimped portion to prevent water intrusion into the wire, and coat the terminal with dielectric grease.

Heat shrink won't prevent water intrusion into a crimped connection because it's crimped and water can and will wick up the end of the wire that's exposed.
For that sort of connection if I haven't gone the distance and SOLDERED the terminal on, I use a heat shrink that has a sealer in it, or coat the end then put the heat shrink over that to help seal it.

He has said he wants it to look original, so I doubt he's open to a ring terminal held on with a nut and dobbed with grease............
Rodney Schultz View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodney Schultz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2018 at 1:39pm
Yes, it looks like salvaged O.E.M. is my best option for looks.  I have tried "expanding" a #8 stud pigtail, but all I have found are plastic instead of rubber, and they don't lend themselves to modification well.
I have found that a two pole trailer connector end, female portion only, is a perfect fit; but yields a straight connector.
Much like finding other obsolete AMC wiring connectors, O.E.M. looks to be the only option.

Rodney
'78 Gremlin... The never ending project... But we will succeed!
Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2018 at 8:01pm
I went thru this a few months back. Yes the new ones are plastic but with a little help from my heat gun, it went on and now fits the#10 stud just fine. Wink

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi swapped Javelin
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2018 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Mopar_guy Mopar_guy wrote:

I went thru this a few months back. Yes the new ones are plastic but with a little help from my heat gun, it went on and now fits the#10 stud just fine. Wink

Thumbs Up
Rodney Schultz View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodney Schultz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2018 at 9:07pm
Excellent suggestion, I will try the heat gun. I hadn’t thought of that, thanks!

Rodney
'78 Gremlin... The never ending project... But we will succeed!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic