TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Nice used V8 OIL PAN wanted.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nice used V8 OIL PAN wanted.
    Posted: Nov/08/2019 at 11:37am
Looking for a nice original used oil pan for a 401. PM if you have one with price. Thanks.
rodhhrod View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodhhrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2019 at 12:14pm
Just thought I would ask, will a 68 390 pan fit?
VJI70AMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VJI70AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2019 at 4:01pm
I have an original 70 390 oil pan cleaned and in epoxy primer if interested email vji@twc.com for pics price is 175 plus shipping Thanks
Down & Dirty Dan View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Down & Dirty Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2019 at 5:42pm
I have oil pans on my site, amc-performance.com
All the v-8 oil pans will fit with the exceptions of late 1966 & 1967. They did not have the oval hole in the windage tray for the dipstick tub. There dipstick tub went right down the sump hole. Also some of the Jeep pans were relieved,(clearanced) for the front diff. (But they will fit in a car). Then there is a group 19 pan that had no windage tray, just a boll that surrounded the sump. They do not fit the Jeeps that had to have clearance for there diff. Also the early pans are rear drain, and some time in the 70's they went to side drains.
Dan:
amxess View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2019 at 9:05pm
A 68 pan would work. Do prefer a rear drain but not a priority. Will check that website. 

Edited by amxess - Nov/08/2019 at 9:07pm
tomslik View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomslik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2019 at 7:28am
Originally posted by Down & Dirty Dan Down & Dirty Dan wrote:

I have oil pans on my site, amc-performance.com
All the v-8 oil pans will fit with the exceptions of late 1966 & 1967. They did not have the oval hole in the windage tray for the dipstick tub. There dipstick tub went right down the sump hole. Also some of the Jeep pans were relieved,(clearanced) for the front diff. (But they will fit in a car). Then there is a group 19 pan that had no windage tray, just a boll that surrounded the sump. They do not fit the Jeeps that had to have clearance for there diff. Also the early pans are rear drain, and some time in the 70's they went to side drains.
Dan:

i have one of those pans evidently966-67 ones)
, wondered what the application was, THANKS!
67 american 290/4speed
73 hornet X 360/auto

Down & Dirty Dan View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Down & Dirty Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2019 at 12:59pm
Glad I could help, It is a good thing to know before you bolt the pan on.
Dan:
tomslik View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomslik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2019 at 8:15am
Originally posted by Down & Dirty Dan Down & Dirty Dan wrote:

Glad I could help, It is a good thing to know before you bolt the pan on.

…..and I didn't!
67 american 290/4speed
73 hornet X 360/auto

71 Javelin AMX O.O. View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71 Javelin AMX O.O. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2019 at 1:47pm
I have a pan from a 71 401 that needed some dents taken out. It's not perfect, but has a good edge that bolts to the motor. $25 plus shipping from zip 55303.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic