TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New tranny lines: how to?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzFace2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2014 at 11:52am

Ken, I cheated on the shifter and went aftermarket to match the reverse valve body you know being a drag car and all Wink

Besides using the cooler in the radiator I also run a large aftermarket that I bent the lines for

Thak your time and it will look like it was made that way from the factory.
Dave ----
TSM = Technical Service Manual

75 Gremlin X v8 for sale
70 Javelin 360/auto drag car
70 Javelin 360/T5 Street car
Kapptaink View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kapptaink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2015 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by dannykarnage dannykarnage wrote:

Originally posted by Mr. Ed Mr. Ed wrote:

I replaced the radiator in the Madam and the fittings were exactly like the ones that came out of the old one. Now it did take three before I got the right one but that was because of a catalog error.

Mine came from Advance Auto Parts. It is a ToughOne or Ready-Rad P/N 433403 and it was shipped to my home for $207.99.

The last time I replaced trans cooler lines, I bought them with fittings on both end which negates the need for a flaring tool. Take one of the lines with you to the local parts house and measure how long you need it. Buy a tube bender (they are really cheap) and get under the car. Start at the front and work your way to the trans. There will be hangers attached to the oil and trans pans. Use them and you are in clover.

Later!
Mr. Ed

I got my radiator from Advance as well. It looks to be the same thing other than the outlets. I'll have to take it back out of the box and look again to be certain (I bought it three years ago right when I put the car in storage), but I'm fairly certain they exit straight. Either way, I have to replace one of the lines now since it broke, so I might as well do both.

Do you remember where you bought the lines with fittings from? How different is brake line from transmission cooler line?

I just bought one for 178.49+10.71 tax. They have a percentage off promotion till the 14th. promo code B52
PrevOwned:73HornetX 360/a727 Blk/Blk-69Javelin/R/R-69AMXBlk/W-69JavelinPrimer
Kirk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic