TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New Project - B5 SC/360 Hornet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 30>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2014 at 3:45pm
a few projects are underway, but first I thought I'd share the hoses. I lucked out in this car having most all original hoses - and they had the AM markings. I reproduced the stampings and transferred them onto NORS hoses I had:

Upper - note this is the 3185420 hose that has a different bend than the one-size-fits-all replacement (parts book calls for the new number, as do parts stores) that came out in 72. As best I can tell this is the correct OEM hose for the SC/360.

Lower hose:

70 and 71 are a real mix of logos from cars I have documented. Another member here shared photos of his low mile 70 machine that had an a-mark bypass hose, so I repro'd that version for this car. Again I used an NORS hose that has the coarse rubber vs the smooth hoses we have today.

AMO Newsletter Editor
fast401 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fast401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2014 at 4:10pm
VERY NICE!!!!!
Disturbing the peace since 1970!!!   AMX 19245
Facebook page - AMC Nation
www.fast-401.4t.com
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2014 at 4:20pm
Very cool Ian!
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
71SC360 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71SC360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2014 at 4:34pm
Ian, I was checking out the NOS hoses I have for my SC/360 and they are all correct part # for a 70 or 71 V-8 Hornet but they have the A-mark stamp on them, not the script AM..
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2014 at 4:58pm
That sounds right Joe - the OE hoses on this car would have come from the rump'y line and yours are likely from the parts counter. Are they yellow or white stampings on yours? My lower was an NOS hose with yellow markings. I removed those are put the AM stamp to mimic the original hose.
AMO Newsletter Editor
71SC360 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71SC360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2014 at 6:52pm
They are the white stampings..
sidewinder View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidewinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2014 at 7:02pm
Ian...nice job!!  How did you do the part#'s?   I have 3 different AM script stamps that I have made up and it would be cool to have a way to do the part numbers....

Chuck Page 
Chuck Page ,AKA Sidewinder
1968 "BLACK CHERRY" Javelin
Previous owner of 2013 Heritage Cup winner 1970 BBO AMX

Eugor View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eugor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2014 at 3:44pm
Ian,

Has the rear finish panel been replaced on that car, or do you think the factory put a silver one on it to break up the red?

Just curious.

Dave
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2014 at 3:47pm
Chuck- I make an individual stamp for each stamping and use the stayz-on ink you use for the boosters.

Eugor- I haven't investigated enough, but I doubt they did something special like that. The thought crossed my mind as it would be a lot of red, and those two refs don't exactly play well together. I haven't had the chance to spend too much time with the car yet to research things like that, but it is something I intend to research.
AMO Newsletter Editor
Eugor View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eugor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2014 at 3:55pm
I'm sure all of us will follow along with great interest.

Thanks for the updates, keep 'em coming!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 30>
  Share Topic