TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New Project - B5 SC/360 Hornet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 30>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2017 at 1:26pm
I picked up the front seats and they came out great. The color match ended up being better than I really thought at first, and after a lot of consultation and photo review, I think these are fine. My seamstress does fantastic work, and I provided her with an NOS front seat upper cover that she deconstructed (sorry anyone with a blue interior!) to make a template from, which resulted in a great finished product. She replicated the two diameters of cording used, and even foudn blue cloth for the edging (along the bottom) which replicates what my car had. The uppers were heat pressed by SMS and are spot on. Wrinkles will go away once the seats see some heat and sun (neither of which are available in Indiana at this time!)

She even recreated the flap that is behind the recliner assembly cover, and they reinforced area on the back by the recline mechanism.

I also installed my control arm bushings last week. The lower control arms are NOS and the uppers are the originals. Frank Romano riveted the upper and lower ball joints in for me, so one more thing off the list! I'm wrapping up the rear end now.

AMO Newsletter Editor
SeanHatfield View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanHatfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2017 at 3:34pm
Ian, those seats look fantastic! Quality work as always. Can't wait to see her when she's finally done. Also, I need to figure out a time to get over to see you about some Spirit parts. I figure now is as good a time as ever to get some work done on it while it's in storage.
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2017 at 8:00pm
The seats look fantastic!  I'm hoping I can find someone that does upholstery that well.
Zioamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zioamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2017 at 9:09pm
Im liking this color combo of this SC man the seat look great kinda like the different shades of the seats

Edited by Zioamc - Jan/05/2017 at 9:16pm
      .....1969 Sc/Rambler....
401jim View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2017 at 2:51pm
I keep droooooling over this car Ian!!!!!
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2017 at 2:57pm
This care will be so sexy when done they will make a movie about it called "50 shades of red"
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2017 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by 401jim 401jim wrote:

I keep droooooling over this car Ian!!!!!

Wait until you see the headliner!
AMO Newsletter Editor
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2017 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

This care will be so sexy when done they will make a movie about it called "50 shades of red"

AMO Newsletter Editor
71SC360 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71SC360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2017 at 7:35am
Ian, any progress to report? Almost a year since your last photo update...
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2017 at 8:51am
unfortunately no. I've been so busy with my daughter and Javelin this past year that i didn't get any work done on the Hornet. I'm planning to move in the spring, so maybe after that I can get back on this car. I would really like to get her done!
AMO Newsletter Editor
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 30>
  Share Topic