TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New Project, 71 401 4sp AMX Black!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbadgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 7:45pm
Looks like a neat combination.should look great when finished!where did the mustard car go to?
badx View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 8:16pm
  Well, Spent a majority of the day picking up the yard and putting away anything that might blow away and finally got some time to do a little cleanung on the car. The more I do the more I am amazed. All the weatherstrip seals are soft and pliable with no tears. The glass is very nice. I cleaned the pass side front and rear and door its super nice. I am only dissapointed in one thing and that is the guy was a smoker and the carpet allthough in nice shape will have to be replaced because of burns. I took the turtle back off the pass side seat and its not cracked anywhere and the trim is still very nice.
    Fluffy, I am pretty sure they did not come with door speakers in 71.
    Dan, The car is in the garage and safe.
    BBG   The mustard car is going to Ohio to a great guy who is very excited about getting it. I couldn't be happier with the buyer.
    Thanks for all the great comments and I have a few pics to add. One is of my 2 cars in the garage,     Rick
badx
71AMX4014SPD View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71AMX4014SPD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 9:52pm
Rick, What a great find! I love that red leather interior, and the black vinyl top on a black car.....awesome! Any idea why someone put an A/C dash in it?
1968 Javelin 360 727 B/W/R
1970 AMX 390 4spd Bayshore Blue
1971 Jav/AMX 401 4spd B6
SST343 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SST343 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 9:55pm
Great find Rick - can't wait to see your progress.

badx View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 10:10pm
71AMX4014SPD, They did not put an a.c dash pad in ,they cut the orig and added the vents and I have no clue why. You can see the machined overlay where the cuts are crooked and don't line up. Plus they did not cut a spot next to the radio for the switch that goes there on a.c cars. I didn't realize that humsters with leather interiors only had leather fronts, the back are vinyl. I am not sure where I am going to go I think I just want to drive it right now. Its a true survivor.
badx
will333 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 4:05am
Beautiful. You better treat that car right or I might just have to make you a rediculous offer of large sums of cash to take it away from you.
1968 AMX 390 Automatic
Turbo Silver outside,
red on the inside
"The Orbiter"

A Scott Campbell restoration
348AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 348AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 3:41pm
Pics of the engine??   I'd just drive it the way it is and enjoy it! "If it aint broke don't fix it". Do You like that side exit exhaust though?
74ProStreet View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74ProStreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 9:38pm
Ok I guess I should chime in I actual went with Rick to pick this up and load it on my trailer. It is a awesome color combo, never minded the drive train combo 401 4speed car. It was really hard on the way home for the truck was trying to go straight to my house instead (hahaha). All aside glad he got it and can't wait to go out cruisin next year driven down the road with my cars and having a real old fashion AMC convoy to car shows
74BlkProstreetBlowin390Auto
74BlkAmx4014spd
73BlueGrem401Auto
72ButterscotchGoldAmx360Auto
71RedJavSST360Auto
71WildPlumAmx401Auto
70MoroccanBrownAmx3904spd
70RWBMachineAc4spd
70BBGMachineAuto
69BBB3904spAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69BBB3904spAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2012 at 12:59am
Rick,

Clean it, detail it, minor touch-ups and keep it as a survivor...they are only original once.
37 Ford Tudor 60 hp V8 flathead, all original, never restored
69BBB3904spAMX
70 Camaro 1st car
74 Hornet Hatch 6 cyl floor/auto
2007,2008,2009 PT Cruisers
Aluminum Deck Car Trailer
Fluffy73 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fluffy73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2012 at 1:26am
Beautiful, gorgeous car! I love the colour combo of red & black. Will look super sharp.  Another thing I notice that is different between early and late humpsters is your upper door panels have no screws at the rear by the door jamb. I didn't realize that this is an actual difference in 71/72 vs. 73/74 cars and I pulled my hair out when I was doing my car trying to find a set w/o screw holes.  I thought the screws were from people trying to keep the door panels on.
I am genetically incapable of being Politically Correct.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic