TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New post...sill plates?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bretts68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New post...sill plates?
    Posted: Aug/17/2018 at 8:16pm
Hi guys...been a while...my 68 Javelin is really comomg along. 50 yrs in the making... been in the family the whole time. I need sill plates to close up my new interior floor. Any tips?

Thank you.
tufcj View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2018 at 9:41pm
NOS etched plates come up once in a while.  They'll run you $400-500 a pair.  The vendors have non-etched repops for around $150 a pair.  Depends on how original you want it to be.

Bob
tufcj
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2018 at 11:12pm
This was a post about body parts, not an introduction, so MOVED (mods missed it....)
Brad View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2019 at 5:16pm
I've been looking around for sill plates for my 71 Javelin and got this email back from Kennedy! This would be a welcome addition! 

"

Kennedy American Sales Manager <sales@kennedyamerican.com>

9:10 AM (9 hours ago)
to me
Brad,
We are currently working on reproducing the scuff plates and hope to have 
them available later this year

Jeff
Sales Manager
Kennedy American, Inc.
7100 State Route 142 SE
West Jefferson, Ohio 43162-9508
614-879-7283
sales@kennedyamerican.com"
THE MENACE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2019 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Brad Brad wrote:

I've been looking around for sill plates for my 71 Javelin and got this email back from Kennedy! This would be a welcome addition! 

to me

Brad,

Cool !! I wonder if these will be actual reproductions (like OE) or just the SOS without the etching or whatever we are calling it now days.

Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.
Brad View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2019 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by THE MENACE THE MENACE wrote:

to me

Brad,

Cool !! I wonder if these will be actual reproductions (like OE) or just the SOS without the etching or whatever we are calling it now days.

Not sure I'd be fine with either. I found a few suppliers that have the Mopar issued repops but they want insane prices like almost 10x what they sold for a few years ago from Mopar, maybe the old stock won't be worth it's weight in gold now that these are coming.  I'm surprised Kennedy is doing it, I expected PG classics to come out with them as they do other AMC 's 
Brad View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2019 at 4:39pm
Just heard back from Kennedy again on possible pricing they are trying to keep them at $85 each, that's reasonable IMO. PG classic sells other sill plates for AMC's around that price point. Also he said We are going to reproduce with the original etching if at all possible."  That should make some people happy!  Tooling costs are not a cheap investment. Again great to see someone step up to the plate! Hope they come thru with them!  I'd guess those with stock of the reproduced Mopar ones without the etching are going to take a hit..... no way they will get what they are asking now ( almost 2 times what the new ones are planning to be)

Edited by Brad - Feb/15/2019 at 5:08pm
304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2019 at 4:50pm

Just heard back from Kennedy again on possible pricing they are trying to keep them at $85 each, that's reasonable IMO. PG classic sells other sill plates for AMC's around that price point. Tooling costs are not a cheap investment. Again great to see someone step up to the plate! Hope they come thru with them! 

If they are already for sale by PG Classic and will be about the same price, I wonder what's the point? I think many would prefer to pay more for a near oem look, since nobody makes them.
71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker
Brad View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2019 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by 304-dude 304-dude wrote:

Just heard back from Kennedy again on possible pricing they are trying to keep them at $85 each, that's reasonable IMO. PG classic sells other sill plates for AMC's around that price point. Tooling costs are not a cheap investment. Again great to see someone step up to the plate! Hope they come thru with them! 

If they are already for sale by PG Classic and will be about the same price, I wonder what's the point? I think many would prefer to pay more for a near oem look, since nobody makes them.

Sorry I edited my post with new info. Just got a new email from Kennedy after I posted.  PG classics does not sell or reproduce sill plates for the 71-74 Javelins. Just other AMC models.  I think the earlier Javelins are the same part not sure?  

Edited by Brad - Feb/15/2019 at 5:19pm
Brad View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2020 at 10:28am
Update:

Just got another email from Jeff at Kennedy American.....

Brad,

Pre-production samples are being test fitted so they should be available this spring.

Jeff

Sales Manager

7100 State Route 142 SE

West Jefferson, Ohio 43162

614-879-7283

sales@kennedyamerican.com

for a custom catalog of parts just for your AMC visit our website at:

www.kennedyamerican.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic