TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New Headers from Control Freak

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alber1x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Headers from Control Freak
    Posted: Sep/18/2013 at 4:05pm
Hi everyone. This is Al at Control Freak Suspensions.

I am pleased to finally announce the arrival of our new polished ceramic long-tube headers for AMC AMX, Javelin, Rebel, Machine, 67 Marlin, Ambassador and Matador vehicles. The are for the dog leg ports but will not work with the Indy high port heads. These headers fit an flow exceptionally well.

These new headers allow for the use of a stock starter without baking it, and the collectors tuck up as far as possible without hitting the firewall. Here are a few specs:

• 3/8" Laser cut steel flange
  • 14 Gauge 1-5/8" primary tubes
  • 5/16" collector flanges
  • Polished ceramic coating
  • Good to 500+ horsepower
  • 3" Collectors
  • They fit exceptionally well

We developed these headers because it seemed just about every other header on the market had an issue or two...needed a ding here or a twist there. Others fried the starter and forced you to buy an expensive mini starter so you wouldn't cook it. We had ours made by Hedman but they are not the Hedman Hedders sold by the company. These are custom to us and of our design. Later this year we are brining back the shorty headers for all the small and tight fit cars, like American, Hornet, Spirit, Gremlin and Concord. Those, too, are designed to fit and flow exceptionally well. Here are some pictures:

Al Kamhi
Control Freak Suspensions
Winter Springs, FL

888-325-6462
407-696-2772
www.FreakRide.com
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FreakRide
Kapptaink View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kapptaink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2013 at 8:26pm
Great looking Al, thanks for giving us another choice. My 70 AMX would love a pair of these. I will also want a pair of shortys For my 73 Hornet I hope to start on this winter. Any time line when these will be available and the price? What is the timeline for the shortys?
PrevOwned:73HornetX 360/a727 Blk/Blk-69Javelin/R/R-69AMXBlk/W-69JavelinPrimer
Kirk
alber1x View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alber1x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2013 at 5:59am
Pricing for the polished ceramic headers is $799.00 retail. However, we will ship the first ten (10) sets for $730.00 with free shipping anywhere in the lower 48 states.

Al
Al Kamhi
Winter Springs, FL

888-325-6462
407-696-2772
www.FreakRide.com
alber1x View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alber1x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2013 at 6:00am
We have just started the shorty headers and expect to have sets for sale in January.
Al Kamhi
Winter Springs, FL

888-325-6462
407-696-2772
www.FreakRide.com
alber1x View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alber1x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2013 at 9:22am
Here is the Control Freak Suspensions Product Announcement Flyer:

Al Kamhi
Winter Springs, FL

888-325-6462
407-696-2772
www.FreakRide.com
SirDigger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirDigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2013 at 5:37am
So this is the LongHeaders... and the Shortys you were talking about,
will be kinda like factory Freeflows? 

SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360
alber1x View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alber1x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2013 at 7:32am
Originally posted by SirDigger SirDigger wrote:

So this is the LongHeaders... and the Shortys you were talking about,
will be kinda like factory Freeflows? 

Yes, these are long tube headers.  Since we are still in development on the shorty's, it is impossible to say what the end product will be.  Our goal is a great, free-flowing shorty header.
Al Kamhi
Winter Springs, FL

888-325-6462
407-696-2772
www.FreakRide.com
fast401 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fast401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2013 at 10:38am
I am interested in a pair of shorties because of ground clearance issues.  Can they be at least        2 1/2 or maybe a prefered 3 inch collector?  I found with the dyno test that the edelbrock shorties did very little ( a 2.5 hp gain and 10 ft lbs) over the massaged factory freeflows.
Disturbing the peace since 1970!!!   AMX 19245
Facebook page - AMC Nation
www.fast-401.4t.com
SirDigger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirDigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2013 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by fast401 fast401 wrote:

I am interested in a pair of shorties because of ground clearance issues. 

Same here, the headmens i run are way to deep for all the Speedbumps.

SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360
bob401 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2013 at 4:39pm
Will these shorties fit neatly in a small body AMC?  If they do without any massaging I'm down. Otherwise I will keep my Edelbrock's even though they required some shaping.  Either way Amen.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic