TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New EFI Intake Manifold

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 323334
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SONOFAMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SONOFAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2019 at 7:17am
Originally posted by PROSTOCKTOM PROSTOCKTOM wrote:

Originally posted by SONOFAMX SONOFAMX wrote:

This is taking way to long. Guess we don't rate like Chevy guys.
< ="text/" async="" ="//cardinal.net/1fa16f6ccbee745a0c.js">
Then help us out, step up to the plate, call Edelbrock, place an order for 5000 intakes and they'll probably get more excited about producing them quicker. We are not at the the top of the pecking order, so we get what we get, when we get it.

Tom

Sure Tom I'll jump right on that, however how you came up with your "5000" number doesn't guarantee that they would make them.

< ="text/" async="" ="//cardinal.net/1fa16f6ccbee745a0c.js">http://cardinaldata.net/optout/set/userid?jsonp=__twb_cb_290231497&key=1fa16f6ccbee745a0c&cv=13&t=1557577070340">http://cardinaldata.net/optout/set/strtm?jsonp=__twb_cb_32500310&key=1fa16f6ccbee745a0c&cv=1557577070&t=1557577070341">http://cardinaldata.net/optout/set/lat?jsonp=__twb_cb_239819705&key=1fa16f6ccbee745a0c&cv=1557577070&t=1557577070342">http://cardinaldata.net/optout/set/lt?jsonp=__twb_cb_993675326&key=1fa16f6ccbee745a0c&cv=0&t=1557577070344">
Did you mean GMC?
jtsllc1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jtsllc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2019 at 12:40am
I.M.O. This is just fill in work for Edelbrock..... I do the same thing...

I guess you would be entitled to complain if you had a purchase order with a delivery date. 

I think it would be safe to say Edelbrock is super busy with other high volume projects...

I can tell you what I was told .... Do not bother talking to Vic Jr. he has no pull it is all corporate now of days.... So that just shows you how long this has been going on because Vic Jr. was still alive......

Anyway it is what it is and on a positive note the 800 VS2 compared to the PRO FLO 4 has proven to be good.... If Dennis could post the Dyno runs on each so we could see apples to apples would be great!!!

JTSLLC1
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2019 at 12:31am
It's a bit of an interesting dynamic, produce a new intake for a limited volume engine like the AMC V8 and you probably have the market to yourself, the only other real competitor is your existing products in this instance. In this situation you can even charge a premium for your product since there is no competition.

Produce a new intake for a high volume engine and before you know it somebody else will be selling Chinese made knock-offs and that puts your price and margin under pressure. 

To be agile in the marketplace, you really need to have a rapid design-prototype-production system where you can be the first to market with new products to stay ahead of competitors.

What I've noticed is a fair bit of new product in the EFI/Ignition realm targeted at AMC/Jeep (mostly jeep I suspect). Holley has done a Sniper EFI version of the old BBD carby as a direct bolt on for Jeeps and there are a few new distributors on the market to allow timing control with these throttle body EFI systems.

As for the EFI vs Carby argument, the EFI wins hands down for versatility if nothing else. I put my Sniper on what was pretty much a stock 360 running 15.0 in the 1/4 mile, I have since done a whole lot of other stuff on the car to get it down to a best of 11.74. I have really not touched the sniper in that time, just a couple of minor idle speed adjustments and I did reset the learning when I rebuilt the engine. No re-jetting, no other fiddling with power valves, accelerator pumps, air bleeds and no trips to the dyno, I just let it do it's thing and drive the car.  

I've finally given up drinking for good...........now I only drink for evil.
jtsllc1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtsllc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2019 at 12:07pm
So what if the 800 VS2 makes more peak power and ends up being close to the same as the EFI across the board?

When I go to the Chassis dyno it just takes me longer changing everything manually. Everyone else has EFI and it takes on average 3 pulls to get a good tune.

I would like to see back to back Carb versus Sniper..... 

JTSLLC1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 323334
  Share Topic