TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New EFI Intake Manifold

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 85>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2017 at 7:08am
They could make spacer/port matching plates to adapt it to a Gen1, the same as many people do themselves. Would be an easy way to go. Someone should make those adapter plates... wouldn't be hard for a machine shop to crank a few out! Probably wouldn't be a hot seller though...
Frank Swygert
Boris Badanov View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Badanov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2017 at 11:26am
If any manifold is supplied as cast it would be EASY to adapt it to a 327.

Band saw, milling machine and a hour or so.....

It's the holes that make it a pain.
Gremlin Dreams
Lenni AMC View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenni AMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2017 at 12:22pm
So how did the meeting with Edelbrock go ?
AMC Gremlin w/401
6.212 @ 117.01 - 1/8 Mile
9.785 @ 133.11 - 1/4 Mile
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikyNqrfpMB8VzLd910Hkhg

https://rbjracing1.wixsite.com/website
THE MENACE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2017 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Lenni AMC Lenni AMC wrote:

Last week I was talking with the engineers about this subject, but our meeting got postponed until this week due to some of our employees attending the PRI show.

I see some good input on this subject and from that I have taken some notes to talk more about. I should know more about the new manifold (and hopefully a thermostat housing) later this week.

Sorry, but for those who want Gen 1 stuff I have to tell you that we won't be doing anything for the Gen 1 engines.

Dennis       
Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.
jpnjim View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpnjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2017 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by THE MENACE THE MENACE wrote:

Originally posted by Lenni AMC Lenni AMC wrote:

Sorry, but for those who want Gen 1 stuff I have to tell you that we won't be doing anything for the Gen 1 engines.

Dennis       

Me thinks Caroll Shelby, Lee Iaccoca and PT Barnam combined would have a tough time making that sales pitch. (and I'm a gen1 fan)
71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords
THE MENACE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2017 at 12:56pm
Keep the input/ideas coming!!

One of our EFI engineers is off all this week so our meeting got pushed back again.

In talking with one of the engineers working this project I can tell you that we will be upgrading our AMC/Jeep Pro-Flo EFI system! And as requested the new EFI intake will have the 4150 top flange.

In the meeting next week we will be talking about:
1) Manifold height.
2) Improving the PCV valve baffling. (I personally haven't had any problems with this, but I know some of you have.)
3) Early and late manifold applications.
4) Fully machined verses un-machined manifolds.
5) Making the new Pro-Flo EFI components available separately.
6) I'm also going to try and push for the early OE style thermostat housing (without the sensor/switch holes), but that is going to be a tough sell I think.

I would really like to hear your thoughts on manifold height and hood clearance!

Thanks
Dennis

Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.
Lenni AMC View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenni AMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2017 at 3:25pm
I would just try to keep the height similar to jtsllc1 thinner flange version and then people who want it taller can use spacers

Think that is the best way to try to obtain as much hood clearance as possible
But on the other hand I don´t see any problem with the intake being taller than the Torker since if you want a lower intake you then have some to choose from

AMC Gremlin w/401
6.212 @ 117.01 - 1/8 Mile
9.785 @ 133.11 - 1/4 Mile
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikyNqrfpMB8VzLd910Hkhg

https://rbjracing1.wixsite.com/website
amx600rr View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx600rr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2017 at 8:12pm
I say forget Hood clearance....... make a run of UR18s!!!!!!  :)

WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2017 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by amx600rr amx600rr wrote:

Now you're talking, but the reality is that if it needs a hole in the hood it's going to limit sales considerably. Make something that works better than a Torker for both carby and EFI and you will be on a winner. If you want to sell manifolds, make something new that works, someone who wants a Torker, can buy a used one any day of the week so they aren't forced to buy a new one.
jtsllc1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtsllc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2017 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by amx600rr amx600rr wrote:

Edelbrock seemed to have no interest in the tunnel ram. I showed them the Edelbrock / Offy combo using the EFI base and the Offy Tunnel Ram since the runners were a better size and there is 3 options for a top. The Offy intake lined up real nice for the raised port heads after I cut  it to fit. The Offy Tunnel Ram will slip right through the EFI base to be welded on the head side of the base flange not on top of the EFI base.

JTSLLC1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 85>
  Share Topic