TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New EFI Intake Manifold

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 85>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Buzzman72 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Buzzman72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2019 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by SONOFAMX SONOFAMX wrote:

This is taking way to long. Guess we don't rate like Chevy guys.
< ="text/" async="" ="//cardinal.net/1fa16f6ccbee745a0c.js">

Think about how many potential Chevy customers there are.

Now think about how many potential AMC customers there are.

Now just be glad Edelbrock thinks we're worth it.

Buzzman72...void where prohibited, your mileage may vary, objects in mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2019 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Buzzman72 Buzzman72 wrote:

<div id="i4c-draggable-container" style="width: 0px; height: 0px;"><div style="all: initial;" ="resolved"="" -reactroot="">This is taking way to long. Guess we don't rate like Chevy guys.<div id="i4c-dialogs-container">< ="text/" async="" ="//cardinal.net/1fa16f6ccbee745a0c.js">

Hit the nail on the head here.
THE MENACE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2019 at 2:39pm

No argument here, you're right !! It is taking a very long time. After being here for 25 years I guess I have become kind of use to juggling of projects for high sales volume project priorities.    

With a large company like Edelbrock priorities are constantly being adjusted to fit the needs of upper management, engineering, R&D, calibration, and the Dyno room. Our Supercharger division has been doing really well so everyone has been focused on expanding that line even more. Expanding/upgrading our EFI line is also on top of our list. But obviously we look at the sales volume potential first. We are also expanding our cylinder head line with a head for the Duramax diesel and a couple of others.  

That's not really good news for the AMC projects and we AMC'ers don't like waiting, but those kinds of projects (priorities) keep us in business.

Dennis      
Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.
SONOFAMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SONOFAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2019 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Buzzman72 Buzzman72 wrote:

DUH you kinda made my point, btw its not even in in testing yet. 
Did you mean GMC?
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2019 at 6:40pm

Then help us out, step up to the plate, call Edelbrock, place an order for 5000 intakes and they'll probably get more excited about producing them quicker. We are not at the the top of the pecking order, so we get what we get, when we get it.

Tom
Judo390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judo390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2019 at 7:50am
Not only are we fortunate that Edelbrock took on this project, we are doubly fortunate to have someone on the inside who let it know who it was in the works and has been willing to provide updates on the status. Had we not known it was in development, there would not be frustration at the perceived lack of progress. Kind of like kids waiting for Christmas. I am personally grateful it is in the works and we are in the information loop. Thank you!
5spdwagon View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5spdwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2019 at 2:37am
The biggest issue I see with the wait is there are a ton of EFI systems going onto cars everyday and I for one would buy this new R&D system edelbrock is building. But I could not wait any longer so I got a Holley EFI and that will be my EFI. So I think they are missing out on a lot of customers by it taking so long to develop it.
Real hot rods have 3 pedals
AMXFSTBK390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXFSTBK390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2019 at 12:08pm
Judo390, 
X2. You are so right on.
Questions are powerful tools...what's in your toolbox?
PHAT69AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PHAT69AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2019 at 1:50pm
I agree with both Judo390 and 5spdwagon...
There ain't that many AMC folks and a boatload of'em have already,
and recently really (past couple years), converted over to Bolt-On EFI
and they'd probably went with the new set-up if it was on the market.
Wonder when the "surge" in market demand for such at thing for an AMC will have passed ?
343sharpstick View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2019 at 2:20pm
The current aftermarket EFI that you can put on an AMC is just a throttle body, not the greatest.
I think for serious tuners wanting to run an AMC, a Tuned Port setup like this has it's place and will sell well.
Lots of racers can pull more power from a good Carb than can be dialed in with a TBI system.

It's my opinion that a properly calibrated tuned Port Injection can make more power than a carb, and when you add computer controlled timing control to the mix you can have it make power AND have an old car that behaves like a new car.

When talking power-adder these features are even more beneficial. Not sure the Out-of-the-box Edelbrock software will support all that but the foundation will be there.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 85>
  Share Topic