TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New EFI Intake Manifold

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 85>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pfordamx View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfordamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2018 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by a401classic a401classic wrote:

Originally posted by THE MENACE THE MENACE wrote:

Just waiting for it's turn on the dyno!!

Can I get just the blank aluminum valley section?  I want to fab up an LS style intake and really don't want to destroy an otherwise good carb intake to do it.

Scott

i hope scott realizes LS intakes won't work there ports are spaced like a SBF not a amc chevy or mopar
Boris Badanov View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Badanov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2018 at 7:19pm
No Chevy stuff can be adapted or otherwise modded to fit an AMC.
Different spacing, angles and port size.

You can get creative with BB Chrylser stuff with an AMC base. 
Gremlin Dreams
jpnjim View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpnjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2018 at 8:43am
I will say this,
when this thread was first posted,
I was excited at the thought of a new, modern, street-strip single plane coming to market.

But now
if it hovers around the $2000 mark for the whole shooting match (plus fuel system),
the complete PF4 kit itself looks like the way to go for me Smile

I wonder what (if any) fuel & timing curves they'll be able to tailer to us based on Dennis' 401,
and what they've developed so far based on all the other applications already out there(?).

Like every other MPI system,
the hardware is only half of it.

I'm hoping they have a really good internal team, or good working partnerships with outside tuners in place to develop  the "tunes" that will make or break a system like this.

If you look at the programable tuners available for modern cars today,
that should be the Gold Standard to compare to.

I don't expect a system like that ever be fully put in place for us,
but the method of having preset tunes on the device,
aftermarket tuners involved with their own tweeks,
and a knowledge base that continues to grow as the platform matures should be the ultimate goal for any complete engine control technology like this.

If I bought one,
my hope would be that the Pro-Flo 4 would become the new standard system to bring older V8's into the electronics age,
upgradable, and expandable as time goes on.

^lofty goals I know,
but at just $2000ish for the intake/TB/distributor/injectors/fuel rails & controller it looks like it would be worth the risk to see how close it can come to that. Smile

71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords
SONOFAMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SONOFAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2018 at 3:55pm
So I think I'll hold out for direct injection. It can't be that far away looking at this Pro Flow 4
Did you mean GMC?
jpnjim View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpnjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2018 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by SONOFAMX SONOFAMX wrote:

So I think I'll hold out for direct injection. It can't be that far away looking at this Pro Flow 4

Direct injection,
as in having the injector inside the combustion chamber?

I think you'll be waiting a long time for that if you want it for an AMC,
and I suspect you'd pay a lot more than $2000.
You'd need specially designed heads, and maybe even reprofiled pistons to match the new head layout.

DI would be better,
but I don't see that being an off the shelf setup for AMC in any of our lifetimes.

Edited by jpnjim - Sep/16/2018 at 4:42pm
71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords
Rebel Machine View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2018 at 4:59pm
This thread is interesting to me as I'm looking at boost compatible EFI systems for my current build. Right now the FiTech and Holley Sniper have my attention but still require and intake. One article I read talked about the volumetric efficiency of the Performer RPM Air-Gap. How does this Pro-Flow intake compare?

Thanks,
-Steve-

a401classic View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a401classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2018 at 4:54am
Originally posted by pfordamx pfordamx wrote:

i hope scott realizes LS intakes won't work there ports are spaced like a SBF not a amc chevy or mopar

Yes, I do.  I should have said is low profile, long runner sheet metal intake, but I envision it looking somewhat like an LS style intake.  It may not work, but I can play anyhow.

Scott
'64 Rambler Classic 770 2DR

Twin Turbo 423.7 AMC (short block done)

TH400 / GV
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2018 at 7:56pm
Why can't we keep this thread on track?

If it doesn't pertain to the new Edelbrock intake then it shouldn't be posted on this thread.

Have some common courtesy and respect the time and effort Dennis has made for us.

Some of you guys just don't seem to understand this.

Tom 
Buzzman72 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buzzman72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2018 at 5:50am
Originally posted by PROSTOCKTOM PROSTOCKTOM wrote:

If it doesn't pertain to the new Edelbrock intake then it shouldn't be posted on this thread.

Have some common courtesy and respect the time and effort Dennis has made for us.

Tom 

X2. Waiting to see they dyno results.
Buzzman72...void where prohibited, your mileage may vary, objects in mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.
SONOFAMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SONOFAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2018 at 10:11am
Originally posted by PROSTOCKTOM PROSTOCKTOM wrote:

Tom 

Listen Tom I have my build on hold waiting for this intake to come out as i'm sure others do too. Maybe Dennis can keep us more updated in where this project is and why it's taking so long.
Did you mean GMC?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 85>
  Share Topic