TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New EFI Intake Manifold

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 85>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
343sharpstick View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2018 at 10:45am
Will this new Manifold be sold as a "Pro-Flow 3 EFI" package as is currently available for SBC. Or will it be a new generation of EFI?

If it does use the Pro-Flow 3 architecture I would like to then learn a bit about that system prior to the official release. We can just look at the SBC offering to get some info on how to prepare for that installation.

Thanks
Michael
THE MENACE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2018 at 11:05am
Originally posted by SONOFAMX SONOFAMX wrote:

OK so I spoke to one of Dennis's coworkers at the Racing Parts/Swap Meet show in Schaumburg, IL last weekend. He said he "signed off" on them, whatever that means, and the will be going into production. We should be able to buy them in about 4 months he said. 

I asked him about specs and pricing but he had no info.

Who exactly is "he" and what exactly did "he" "sign off" on ?? No dyno testing has even been done yet so there is nothing to sign off on at this point. Sounds like someone is jumping the gun a bit.

On this thread I have been trying to keep things real with what is actually happening with this project and keep you guys informed, rather than guessing at an availability date which is not realistic at this point in the project.   
Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's car)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.
SONOFAMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SONOFAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2018 at 11:14am
I can't recall the guys name but he was a tall black haired guy that said he knows you. He was at the RACE AND PERFORMANCE EXPO in Schaumburg, IL. with the truck and displays last weekend.
Did you mean GMC?
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2018 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by 343sharpstick 343sharpstick wrote:

Will this new Manifold be sold as a "Pro-Flow 3 EFI" package as is currently available for SBC. Or will it be a new generation of EFI?

If it does use the Pro-Flow 3 architecture I would like to then learn a bit about that system prior to the official release. We can just look at the SBC offering to get some info on how to prepare for that installation.

Thanks
Michael

There will be no Pro-Flo 3 for AMC! Our new manifold will be used in our Pro-Flo EFI system, but it will be a Pro-Flo 4 EFI systems with all of the latest physical and electronics upgrades we already have in place for Pro-Flo 4 systems. I'll post more details on that at a later date.

The engine that will be used for dyno testing is at the machine shop now. When it returns it will be assembled with the new manifold prototype and run on the dyno with a carb. If all works out there we will move on to EFI system testing with the new manifold and new electronics. After that we do drivability testing with the new EFI system. This is a long multi step process with a lot of people involved, but it is still moving forward.

Former Owner of:

Still Owner:
343sharpstick View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2018 at 10:11am
thank you. The Pro-Flo 3 looks, er... looked like a nice package with sequential MPFI, timing control, stand alone tuner etc. for a reasonable price.
I would love to see the development of this system, I'm a bit envious
You get to see all the testing as the team compares a nice 401 using old tech to new. Digging into plenum volume, fuel distribution, runner length, runner volume... etc... Awesome this is happening in the AMC world for the first time in a while.

We are all hoping for a huge success!

Edited by 343sharpstick - Feb/28/2018 at 10:16am
69 ambassador 390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 ambassador 390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2018 at 9:04pm
Whatever manifold you guys end up doing will be great. Now how about making a baffle plate for the bottom of the manifold. Current manifolds require you to switch your old one over. Not all two bbl or egr ones will fit and some are missing or damaged. Why not make the simple sheet metal stamping available. You would sell a lot.
Steve Brown

Algonac, Mi.

69 Ambassador sst 390

84 Grand Wagoneer

69 Cougar XR7

65 Fairlaine 500XL

79 F-350 Super Camper Special

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2018 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by 69 ambassador 390 69 ambassador 390 wrote:

Whatever manifold you guys end up doing will be great. Now how about making a baffle plate for the bottom of the manifold. Current manifolds require you to switch your old one over. Not all two bbl or egr ones will fit and some are missing or damaged. Why not make the simple sheet metal stamping available. You would sell a lot.

IMPO this is a great idea!!
The biggest problem for us is that we currently don't do any sheet metal stamping. We used to when we had an exhaust division, but since we closed that division we have a local tool and die company do that for us. They also make all of the tooling to do so. I actually suggested this project a couple of years ago. but there was not enough interest and we had a ton of high priority projects already being worked. I'll bring it up again at our next new products meeting and we'll see what happens. 

Dennis   

Former Owner of:

Still Owner:
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2018 at 4:24pm
Have you got the parts back from the machine shop yet?

Would really like to buy that intake today, but it will be worth the wait.

Tom

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2018 at 11:08am
Originally posted by PROSTOCKTOM PROSTOCKTOM wrote:

Have you got the parts back from the machine shop yet?

Would really like to buy that intake today, but it will be worth the wait.

Tom

To be honest, I haven't talked to the engine builder for over a week now, so I will need to check.

Dennis   
Former Owner of:

Still Owner:
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2018 at 8:34pm
9 more days has passed. Seems like a month. lol

Tom
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 85>
  Share Topic