TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New EFI Intake Manifold

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 85>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jmerican View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmerican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2018 at 8:00pm
My first post. Almost as exciting as this manifold.. hats off to Edelbrock in engineering and producing this and staying part of the legacy of American hot rods. Yes others perhaps more deservingly, but AMC - yes! I remember trying to pop a mold off an old warped finned AMC Edelbrock VC. I was desperate and in high school. Now years later, theyre back!

We should respond in kind with some good looking AMC engines.

That said Dennis, my vote is to keep the bosses. I like seeing the AMC look like an AMC. Including the throttle bracket, pcv location, bypass hose/thermostat, and accessory brackets for AC/coil.

When I peek a look under a hood of a Jeep or Rambler, I like the brackets and castings. Its nostalgic, and they work.

I will be interested in potentially a few of these, for a few folks For one, a Grand Wagoneer. It will need all stock stuff a Performer has. I want to do a clean job with port injection and get rid of the Howell TBI. Another with a mild 401 in an older Wagoneer, and a third with a much more performance build, with carb.
I realize that this may not be the perfect manifold for these applications, depending on the runner sections. It sure seemed that the pro flo 2 was a key to unlocking a new chamber in the AMC game.
Ive yet to find the Victor that you referenced, Dennis.
So my vote is keep the bosses. And tell them thanks for us.
Jmerican View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmerican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2018 at 8:11pm
In reference to my last post, the more performance oriented 401, with carb, would be great with a version similar to the Pro Flo 2.
I saw what a couple of you folks did with that part and a good carb. That did it for me. Not to forget the RPM, as there is lots of room in the Jeep world for that.
Keep us up on the specs and it is pretty cool that we get our opinions up on the wall. Everyone's got one. 😉
RUMBLR View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RUMBLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2018 at 2:30am
My opinion is to have as little as possible cast to the manifold...remove everything!

Its a high end manifold - not a stock replacement... 
343 904 M20 - 11.83@115
jcisworthy View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcisworthy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2018 at 7:10am
I agree that minimum should be sufficient. I suspect many who run AC will not use this intake

One or two fittings for air should be good. Manifold pressure / vacuum gauge. 

Again, most using this intake, it the CSA is Victor size when done,  will not have power brakes but a outlet large enough to use if needed would be good just in case. 

One thing that I would like to see is some better baffling at the bottom of the oil filler tube. 

For those who use a paper gasket and turn RPM's that will keep the oil from making its way up the filler tube. 

It would be nice to have an open element breather on the filler tube and have it stay dry. 

Maybe a two step barrier??

Specializing in dyno services, engine building, and cylinder head porting

rbjracing.com
Phone Number 518-915-3203
Class Guy View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Class Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2018 at 8:02am
Provision for the stock throttle cable bracket would make the manifold more marketable.  Why force the customer to have buy more parts that will require more work? Probably, there are more potential customers using the stock cable/bracket setup than those who don't.
Addicted to acceleration.
Owner and Admin for
www.classracerinfo.com
Lenni AMC View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenni AMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2018 at 11:15am
Originally posted by jcisworthy jcisworthy wrote:

One thing that I would like to see is some better baffling at the bottom of the oil filler tube. 

For those who use a paper gasket and turn RPM's that will keep the oil from making its way up the filler tube. 

It would be nice to have an open element breather on the filler tube and have it stay dry. 

Maybe a two step barrier??

This
AMC Gremlin w/401
6.212 @ 117.01 - 1/8 Mile
9.785 @ 133.11 - 1/4 Mile
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikyNqrfpMB8VzLd910Hkhg

https://rbjracing1.wixsite.com/website
Slate View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2018 at 11:53am
I think that though the manifold may run Victor size runners that for those using the Eric provision that the a/c bosses make sense. Factory ponycars have a/c and power and this is an up to date design

Steve
343sharpstick View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2018 at 12:05pm
I like and still use the stock throttle bracket mounting. I would vote to keep that.
Coil bracket I could live without. I've mounted my coil both in the stock location and elsewhere. If the manifold were shipped with a bracket to relocate the coil to bolt onto the front of the passenger side cylinder head that would keep customers happy, while still cleaning up the intake some.
I would think ONE vacuum port at the back of the intake plenum, or somewhere out of sight would be a good for those who have power brakes, and that's about it.

6t8amxetc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6t8amxetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2018 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Class Guy Class Guy wrote:

Provision for the stock throttle cable bracket would make the manifold more marketable.  Why force the customer to have buy more parts that will require more work? Probably, there are more potential customers using the stock cable/bracket setup than those who don't.

X2
max401amx View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max401amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2018 at 12:29am
Originally posted by THE MENACE THE MENACE wrote:

Guys, we are not interested in doing a new Tunnel Ram at this time!!

No need to do a "new" tunnel ram, just do a run of the "old" UR18s! The patterns/molds are probably laying around the foundry gathering dust anyhow, right? Price 'em under a grand (actually, well under)Wink!! Pretty nice you're doing a new manifold for us, though. Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 85>
  Share Topic