TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New 1968/69 Javelin/AMX/Rambler suspension upgrade
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New 1968/69 Javelin/AMX/Rambler suspension upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2017 at 6:44pm
Below Is the lower mount, it ties together with the control arm, strut rod and ball-joint attachment point.

You use your stock lower ball joint.

The A-arm is fully TIG-welded .095 wall DOM tubing and uses FK Rod ends (FKB-RSMX8T). It mimics the design and construction of several other arms available for other cars. Primarily the magnum force A-Body MFR161041-A arm.
I've had the arms on my car for several thousand miles, and have disassembled and inspected the assembly many times.
6t8amxetc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6t8amxetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2017 at 10:46am
This looks very nice! I am interested in this for my 64' American. Have you test fit these items on an American? I cant remember if everything is exactly the same or not? When do you think you will be ready for shipping this stuff? Will you be making these in batches depending on how fast they sell? Or just pre-sell and make in batches etc?
Thanks...Ty
343sharpstick View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2017 at 11:18am
Thank you, I'll be making them in batches, only unknown is how big the batches need to be.

I think it will fit a bunch of Pre-'67 cars, perhaps even big body cars too? I don't honestly know much about AMC/Rambler cars earlier than '67. Knowing how AMC resisted changing any platform designs, I suspect this would fit on several ramblers in addition to the AMX/Javelins/Remblers, but I can't say for certain.
6t8amxetc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6t8amxetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2017 at 2:53pm
Do you have any finished product ready to ship? Are the finished ones powder coated? I have fabbed some brackets to use the 13" 2012 Mustang front brakes on my car. I can't imagine any reason they wouldn't still be able to be used when installing this set up? It just bolts on with the stock factory spindle etc.
Thanks...
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2017 at 4:26pm
I 'had' finished product that I've recently shipped. I kept one remaining set on-hand to show in Kenosha.

The arms are painted, not powder coated. Powder coating would add cost. It may be an option in the future, but I have my hands full for now.

The 4-bolt holes that attach the steering knuckle to the spindle are dimensionally the same, so your brackets should be fine.
I'll be starting the next batch in August.
6t8amxetc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6t8amxetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2017 at 10:38pm
Ok, I am interested in a set. You can leave them un-coated and I will have them powder coated.
As long as we can verify that they will fit on my 64' American first. Put me on the list.
Thanks...Ty
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2017 at 9:50am
I had a question on the upper bracket. Here is a picture of the brackets installed in my car. The Brackets I have are pre-production parts, and a bit ugly. The actual brackets are laser cut, painted, and look much better than what I have.
The kit can also be welded in, but it's imperative it's tight to the chassis.
Inside the car 6 button head bolts are visible.

The design places spring load onto the same chassis structure as the stock spring.

Jan Phersson View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jan Phersson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2017 at 1:12pm
Great stuff. Do you have an email address were we can discuss this?
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2017 at 4:02pm
Thanks, send any questions to dairylandfab@tds.net.
Mike
Midnight Rambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midnight Rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2017 at 7:39am
Very interested in these. I crushed another original bushing, it's time to replace them all...maybe with a better handling upgrade.

'66 American 440 Convertible 290/M-40/AMC 20 3.15/PS/PB
'04 Jeep Wrangler X Rocky Mountain Edition 4.0 5sp
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
  Share Topic