TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep > Dealership Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Need some help ID'ing a dealership

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin79j10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need some help ID'ing a dealership
    Posted: Jul/15/2011 at 11:00pm
Hi everyone.  I found a 1978 Jeep J10 in a local junkyard that will sadly be crushed Monday Unhappy.  Anyway, in the truck was all the original owner's manuals, and I grabbed those that the mice didn't beat me to.  Among them was the original warranty and service policy paperwork.  Now, in my research, I found that there was an AMC dealer in Sedalia, MO, which is where I live.  This truck was bought by a guy who lived in LaMonte, MO (very close to Sedalia) back in 78. 

What I need is help figuring out what dealership this came from as it may have been the one in my hometown.  The numbers are as followed:

Zone/Dealer code: 29 2971

If anyone can tell me what dealer that was, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks!
txamx View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote txamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2011 at 10:10pm
I bought my 83 Jeep J-10 new from a dealership in Sedalia.  I believe it was called Town & Country Motors.  One time when I was in town for the Missouri State Fair, we saw a 69 Big Bad Orange AMX in the back lot where cars were parked that were in for service/repairs.  I often wonder where it went.
h-bomb View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h-bomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2011 at 7:59am
According to Eddie Stakes, it was indeed called Town & Country Motors.

SEDALIA
65301, Town & Country Motors, AMC/Jeep/Renault, 3110 W. Broadway (816) 826-5400

There may be more info at his site planethoustonamx.com...click on the AMC Dealerships link on the left.

Good luck!

AMCAmbassador View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCAmbassador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2011 at 6:59pm
MARC MONTONI - Grand Junction CO - www.AMONational.com #656 - www.AMCRC.com #62
64 Classic ht 327 / Twin Stick
69 Ambassador 2 dr ht 290
71 Ambassador 4 dr
1990 Dodge Monaco
kevin79j10 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin79j10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2011 at 11:16pm
Wow I forgot I posted this thread here Ouch.  Anyway, yeah they are alive and well selling Toyotas and Lincolns now.  They used to sell Jeep but when Chrastler took the bailout money and went into bankruptcy, they were one of the dealerships that lost their license.  The owner of the dealership still floats around there all the time; I'd love to talk to him about the AMC/Jeep days.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic