TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

NAMDRA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfordamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2016 at 12:32pm
Milan is sounding like a good idea there website has track rental information, but i'm not sure if thats the same as hosting a event like this. it never seemed like we were renting cordova since they just squeezed us in before there regular bracket program. i almost called but after thinking about it should be someone who has car count info and a better idea of what we need.
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2016 at 12:35pm
If Milan likes AMCs, that would be a good start....?
amx600rr View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx600rr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2016 at 6:56pm
Shouldn't this be openly discussed AFTER the 10th.......
Jerry
amcjock1 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcjock1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2016 at 11:36am
Yes, we should discuss this after this years 38TH. AMC NATIONALS. Lets make this years meet the one to be at!
SC397 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SC397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2016 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by sandmountainjeep sandmountainjeep wrote:

Does anyone know in the yellow Gremlin will be at Cordova this year?

I just got home from Milan and Stickshifter was there trying to sort out some issues.  We were able to make one good pass but, there is still something not quite right.  Anyway, he plans on bringing the Gremlin to Cordova and putting it in the show.  I told him that he can't take it to Cordova and not run it so I volunteered to help him as pit crew.  If that doesn't work, I will bribe him with beer..
jtsllc1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtsllc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2016 at 2:18am
Just thinking out side the Box ... Since Byron has an AMC Day... Just pick the same day... They gave AMC their own area  for pitting and they have plenty of room for a car show etc. I'am sure they would welcome more AMC's... Good food nice people....
JTSLLC1
SC397 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2016 at 6:50am
Originally posted by jtsllc1 jtsllc1 wrote:

Just thinking out side the Box ... Since Byron has an AMC Day... Just pick the same day... They gave AMC their own area  for pitting and they have plenty of room for a car show etc. I'am sure they would welcome more AMC's... Good food nice people....

This would be a really good choice too! All of these suggestions should be brought up at the meeting to figure out which place makes the most sence.

See everyone tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2016 at 8:22am
I find it interesting how the term "midwest" is defined. I saw "moved more to the midwest" - which actually means "moved to the east". If the Mississippi isn't in the middle...... what is? Ohio, Indiana, 2/3 of the country call that "out east" but the easterners call it the midwest. If that's the midwest, then I assume they don't realize the United States has actually expanded in recent decades to places west of the river! LOL. Ohio is actually middle-east. It's just a short drive from the east coast, NYC, etc. - it's in the eastern 1/3 - but is called midwest? So what's Nebraska? West coast?
Curious, where did the term midwest come from? People living in Maine?

I don't race, although the 73 is likely going to be built up for that purpose more than for a pleasure daily driver........... so I don't have a dog in this fight at this point, but do spend a fair amount of dollars each September-  yeah, a pretty fair amount of money supporting the vendors. A move east of Illinois will I guess keep more money in my pocket.
The reason I have been to every single event since my first in 2005 was the ease of getting there and back and not taking more than 4 hours off work, and having a decent selection of vendors, as well as racing events. The reason I was keeping the 73 built as it it - and planning on actually increasing the output a bit, was the proximity to the NAMDRA events.
I guess a move east will mean it will not be my regular annual event, and there won't be any incentive to continue with the plans for the 73.
I know it's the racers who make the determination - but without the rest, it's only a gathering of those who are the hardcore racers.
Travel costs in work time and in money, and it doesn't get easier with age. As time goes on, there's less money to spend on fun.
So yeah, this is mostly a race event and I note the whole discussion isn't in the NAMDRA club area at all but is taking place in the race section - meaning there's likely a lot of folks not even realizing it's being discussed.
Did you all intend to leave out the non-racers, vendors, show people, and those who come just to buy stuff, in the discussions?
It's sort of supporting the "stereotype" or accusations over the years even if totally unintentional.
Just tossing that out there.   ;-)

For me personally, if it moves too far from the center of the country, then I have to make a choice.
stickshifter View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stickshifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2016 at 10:29am
I just read this on Cordova site:
Sat, Sept 10 – NAMDRA 38th Annual AMC Nationals On track @ 8a Kamper Korner Bracket Points Race Finale #12, QC Spring Quick Series #5-Final Time trials @ 1p

Does that mean the complete AMC nationals has to be completed by 1pm?

NAMDRA
National 
American
Motors
Drag
Racing
Association. 
Wink

7.03 @ 196 mph
Rebel Machine View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2016 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by stickshifter stickshifter wrote:

I just read this on Cordova site:
Sat, Sept 10 – NAMDRA 38th Annual AMC Nationals On track @ 8a Kamper Korner Bracket Points Race Finale #12, QC Spring Quick Series #5-Final Time trials @ 1p

Does that mean the complete AMC nationals has to be completed by 1pm?

I'd bet so. They ushered us out of the way quickly last year.

-Steve-
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic