TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

My t56 6 speed install

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2018 at 7:12pm
I really wish photobucket didn't screw us all over! Grrrr Sure would be nice to see those pictures. 
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2018 at 9:32am
If you are using Chrome or Firefox there are add-ins/patches to display Photobucket photos. Just do a search. If you normally use some other browser, you might want to load one of those just for those special occasions when you want to see a Photobucket pic in a post. 
Frank Swygert
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2018 at 9:35am
So where does the wiring harness go through now? Neat installation, looks like that small clutch MC would even clear a stock power brake setup, though it would be hard to fill. An MC with a remote reservoir would work well. Could just use a tube up from the MC like the late model Eagles did. 
Frank Swygert
Red Devil View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2018 at 3:53pm
I used a Wilwood compact master w/ remote reservoir for my hydraulic clutch. Fit with stock booster with minor mods to the bracket. Used the bottom left booster bracket hole for upper hole in master flange. 

Details in this thread. Photos may still show up as I haven't logged into my Photobucket account since they changed their 3rd party hosting policy.

Edited by Red Devil - Feb/25/2018 at 3:56pm
Brad View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2018 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by farna farna wrote:

If you are using Chrome or Firefox there are add-ins/patches to display Photobucket photos. Just do a search. If you normally use some other browser, you might want to load one of those just for those special occasions when you want to see a Photobucket pic in a post. 

Thanks, I tried that but still can't see pictures in the first post. Can you? Just wondering if it is a photobucket thing? 
needafasterAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote needafasterAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2018 at 7:31pm
Brad and everyone.

I deleted the photos from photobucket and closed the account.
I planned on posting the pictures backup,  but have not found them yet.
they are on one of my old hard drives.
you are not the only one that has asked about them.
74 AMX, 401
Viper spec T56 6 speed trans
Hydroboost brakes with rear disks from a Avenger
3:73 TG rear,now Trutrac with 3:15
A Turbo is in my future.
Brad View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2021 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by needafasterAMX needafasterAMX wrote:

Brad and everyone.

I deleted the photos from photobucket and closed the account.
I planned on posting the pictures backup,  but have not found them yet.
they are on one of my old hard drives.
you are not the only one that has asked about them.

I assume you never did find the pictures? I'd find them very useful as I'll be doing this in a week or 2 I'd guess? 
Deans69 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deans69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2021 at 11:25am
I'm doing an LS T56 in a '69 Javelin right now. I'm using an SFI bellhousing and parts from American Powertrain. For starters, you absolutely have to do a mid-shift conversion on the trans. The stock location will not work. Doing a mid-shift conversion literally puts the shifter back to the original location as if it belonged there. It also looks like I need to remove the reverse lockout as the solenoid hits the trans tunnel. I could pound out the tunnel and put a big lump in it, but I'm just going to use a reverse lockout delete kit that replaces the unit with a much smaller assembly that has a tension spring and steel ball to provide tension to help prevent going into reverse. Once that kit comes in, I can push the T56 up into the tunnel where it needs to be. From there I can begin working the cross member. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic