TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Jeeps and Eagle 4x4 fun.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

My old wagoneer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My old wagoneer
    Posted: Mar/01/2011 at 12:26pm
This pic is from about 1984, just out of high school you can see the front of my jav and the jeep I built during high school, weird body I found that is 2 doors but has wagoneer windows. I put international dana 44s and 4.78 gears with power loks and 205 divorced transfer case and a 440 727 combo. Tilt front end cuz they were cool then. Used marsh racing wheels and 36 inch tires. Still resides at my moms house in the back yard, I scavenged the 440 for my 70 GTX tubbed project in about 86 and has sat since.

Edited by tsanchez - Mar/02/2011 at 1:02pm
ramblinfsj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinfsj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2011 at 1:17pm
Wow, that sucker is huge!
1982 Jeep J-20
1965 Rambler American 220
1978 Jeep Cherokee w/401
1983 Jeep J-10
1979 Concord DL 2dr
Midnight Rambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midnight Rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2011 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by tsanchez tsanchez wrote:

Still resides at my moms house in the back yard, I scavenged the 440 for my 70 GTX tubbed project in about 86 and has sat since.

Since '86?  Is your mom maybe interested in adopting me?LOL

'66 American 440 Convertible 290/M-40/AMC 20 3.15/PS/PB
'04 Jeep Wrangler X Rocky Mountain Edition 4.0 5sp
tsanchez View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2011 at 4:41pm
WWI Flying Ace View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WWI Flying Ace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2011 at 10:00am
Cool!  There is a thread over on the IFSJ forum about a 2 door that had two rear doors painted on, complete with handles, and has the windows like yours.  They said it was because of the class it was running in for the Baja.  Do you know if yours has a similar history?
1973 Javelin AMX

2007 Jeep Commander

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."

-Plato
tsanchez View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2011 at 10:01am
Could you get me a link for that thread
fandango View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2011 at 11:16am
Here's the link. There was a Wagoneer like this at a Primm race about fifteen years ago but I doubt it's this one.

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=136627&highlight=baja
WWI Flying Ace View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WWI Flying Ace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2011 at 12:13pm
Thanks for digging that link up Fandango. 

I wonder if they were both made to run in the same class or something?  Probably no way to tell this far on.  
1973 Javelin AMX

2007 Jeep Commander

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."

-Plato
fandango View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2011 at 2:09pm

The original class 6 is where promoters put 2wd utility, El Caminos, and sedans like Rory's. Even though most Wagoneers had 4x4 they didn't fit anywhere else. Not sure why they would fake the rear doors because it has always been legal to update and predate. For example, a Wagoneer can run IFS with two or four wheel drive.

tsanchez View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2011 at 9:58am
Thanks I posted over there, I really should bring this thing back to life. Lots of good memories in it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic