TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

My 1967 AMC Marlin Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 17>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 Marlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2017 at 10:25pm
Dents dealt with.

Edited by 67 Marlin - Jul/31/2021 at 5:28pm
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2017 at 7:57am
Dukes of hazard turns with the jack or jack base not fastened down. Ha. Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
73Gremlin401 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73Gremlin401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2017 at 9:17am
I'm really enjoying this thread - a 67 Marlin is a bucket list car for me, and a lot of what you are doing with this one is right along the lines of what I'd do myself.

That you are aggressively de-chroming the car is turning out far better than I imagined it would, and gave me an idea that I'm curious if you've considered - swapping out the exterior door handles for the 68 and up flush handles?  Since the Rebels and Ambassadors used them, and the door guts are fundamentally the same between the models, it would still look factory, but custom at the same time.  thoughts?
73 Gremlin 401/5-spd.
77 Matador Wagon 360/727.
81 Jeep J10 LWB 360/4-spd
83 Concord DL 4-dr 258/auto

Devilboy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devilboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2017 at 11:02am
Originally posted by pacerman pacerman wrote:

I am enjoying this project as well. My buddy's old Javelin had the exact same kind of dents in the quarter panels. He always thought it was from an unfastened bumper jack shooting around in the trunk too.
Jeremy
AMCRC #10059
AMO #10906
1965 American 330
67 Marlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 67 Marlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2017 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by 73Gremlin401 73Gremlin401 wrote:

I'm really enjoying this thread - a 67 Marlin is a bucket list car for me, and a lot of what you are doing with this one is right along the lines of what I'd do myself.

That you are aggressively de-chroming the car is turning out far better than I imagined it would, and gave me an idea that I'm curious if you've considered - swapping out the exterior door handles for the 68 and up flush handles?  Since the Rebels and Ambassadors used them, and the door guts are fundamentally the same between the models, it would still look factory, but custom at the same time.  thoughts?

The doors would swap from say a 1968 Ambassador or Rebel onto the respective 1967 models including the Marlin. Door panels wouldn't swap between the door types because the hardware is a little different.

Edited by 67 Marlin - Dec/30/2023 at 9:22pm
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2017 at 1:00am
Originally posted by Devilboy Devilboy wrote:

Originally posted by pacerman pacerman wrote:

I am enjoying this project as well. My buddy's old Javelin had the exact same kind of
dents in the quarter panels. He always thought it was from an unfastened bumper jack shooting
around in the trunk too.

Could have been Jimmy Hoffa in the trunk 😁
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
67 Marlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 Marlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2017 at 9:19am
Last drive of the year over the weekend; amazing that I was able to drive it into November in this area of the world. Sanded and glazed in a few places to remove some chips and scratches and epoxied to seal it up for later. Left the beauty rings off while cleaning up the wheels and tires; I think it looks mean, kind of a stock car look.

Edited by 67 Marlin - Feb/02/2020 at 5:10pm
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2017 at 10:59am
Great job.  I love that car.  Keep up the good work.
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
67 Marlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 Marlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2018 at 10:46pm
Check out this sweet piece of fortune! Was perusing Kennedy American's online catalog and saw an NOS driver-side quarter panel extension molding. Righteous! Mine's not terrible but it has a critical dent. I'll keep the old one because somebody might be able to repair it and use it.

Edited by 67 Marlin - Jul/31/2021 at 5:35pm
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2018 at 9:32am
Thinking back to the first day you unloaded your "new" car.....I know you have enjoyed the AMC journey !!

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 17>
  Share Topic