TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

My 1967 AMC Marlin Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 17>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 Marlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2019 at 10:06pm
Installed new front stabilizer bar bushings and end link kits. More power will want maximum handling. Pretty easy with the motor out! The old end link bushings were replaced at some point I think. And powder coated the bar and the hardware.

Edited by 67 Marlin - Apr/23/2023 at 10:16am
george w View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2019 at 7:56pm
Those embossed ( debossed ? ) characters and numerals on that radiator tag look very similar to those used on the aluminum body tags attached to the driver side doors. I wonder what machine was used to imprint them ?
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2019 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by 67 Marlin 67 Marlin wrote:

..............Most I'll ever spend on wheel covers in my life, but ah heck if I wanted it cheap and easy I'd get a Chevelle............................................"

That's the AMC Spirit  I like to hear.....Thumbs Up  You can't take anything with you when we leave this thing call life, so go for the gusto while we can..........that's the way I do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
67 Marlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 Marlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2019 at 9:26pm
The Faria dash tach wasn't working anymore, but Instrument Specialties in Rhode Island took care of that. And $40 in cash more than what my first car cost me. Worth it! They also made it look good as new and updated the wiring so that it doesn't need to run through the charging system.

Edited by 67 Marlin - Dec/30/2023 at 10:46pm
67 Marlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 Marlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2019 at 2:49pm
The 343 already revved fast but it's really going to soon! The tach will be great to look at, and this cam will be one of the reasons why. When I called Jones, I said I wanted to go from 0 to 60 as fast as possible. The intake lobe was designed for max torque in Mopar 440s, that'll do it! With 1.7 Scorpion rockers, the valve lift will be 521 intake and 508 exhaust. The lifters are Hylft-Johnson. 

Edited by 67 Marlin - May/06/2023 at 5:55pm
67 Marlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 Marlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2019 at 3:18pm
The Jones cam spec is 256 and 264 @006 and that means faster action than .004 Crane or Detroit cams, and energy is even greater than a 268 UD. At .275 lobe lift it’s much bigger than the 268 or even the Mopar Performance 260 cam.

Edited by 67 Marlin - May/06/2023 at 6:02pm
67 Marlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 Marlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2019 at 8:59pm
SC397 touched up the new timing sprocket; it was close already, but he made it even better and brazed up some of the slots in the front, too.

Edited by 67 Marlin - Apr/23/2023 at 11:04am
PHAT69AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PHAT69AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2019 at 12:36pm
Have you seen the thread here with the long list of "things" to "consider"
on and in the block oil passages while it's a bare block?
Like confirming fully drilled holes from Main Saddles up to pass side oil galley.
67 Marlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 Marlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2019 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by PHAT69AMX PHAT69AMX wrote:

Have you seen the thread here with the long list of "things" to "consider" on and in the block oil passages while it's a bare block? Like confirming fully drilled holes from Main Saddles up to pass side oil galley.

Yup! Made a Word document of all the block prep and other tits blueprinting miscellany I wanted done from info I found on the Forum. Your wizardy chief among it! For the block itself, the engine builders said the block looked drilled all the way through, but they ran bits through for extra measure. Asked them to smooth out any casting flaws that could impede oil return to the pan; they said there was very little cleanup to do. Thinking the tooling was so new with these early 1967 blocks that everything was good from the factory.

Edited by 67 Marlin - May/06/2023 at 6:34pm
67 Marlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 Marlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2019 at 12:26pm
The tach work and new steering wheel are cool but the seats are the big ticket of the interior project this winter. The front and back seats were completely redone with new foam and vinyl and fabric from SMS and the console and rear arm rests, too. Everything looks great. The driver seat was the only thing in rough condition but it was really rough, it's amazing how great it looks now! I had extra foam put in the seats, so everything's extra comfy and firm.

Yup that's what it looked like!

Tell me this spring action driver seat isn't what inspired that idiot Adam Sandler song!

Edited by 67 Marlin - Dec/30/2023 at 10:49pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 17>
  Share Topic