TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

mounting sun visors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burrpenick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mounting sun visors
    Posted: Jan/10/2018 at 10:11am
It looks like the triangle mounting plates on my 69 AMX have 2 corners that are pointed and one that is rounded. Does the rounded one point down?
George-'69 AMX 390/AT
burrpenick View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burrpenick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2018 at 6:58pm
Help, can someone take a VERY QUICK look at one of their sun visors- where they mount to the roof w/3 screws. This chrome triangle has 2 pointed ends and one that is rounded. Thinking maybe the rounded one was for the bottom screw, but cant tell? Thanks, george

George-'69 AMX 390/AT
tufcj View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2018 at 7:05pm
Just looked at my 69.  The rounded end is toward the windshield, the pointed ends to the rear.

Bob
tufcj
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
burrpenick View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burrpenick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2018 at 8:00pm
thanks. thats what I felt was the most likely way- with the rounded hole at the bottom and the other two heading back. Its not real noticeable, so thanks!  And if you ever do one of the ABS headliners, let me know, there are some tricks..........george
George-'69 AMX 390/AT
tufcj View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2018 at 10:30pm
I have an ABS headliner.  Put it in over 10 years ago now.  Only problem I had with it is there are small gaps at the rear glass where the metal rail for the sail panel sits.  You can only see them if you're sitting in the area behind the seats.  Don't know if they added material on the newer ones.

Bob
tufcj
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic