TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Mission Impossible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fasttony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mission Impossible
    Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 7:58pm

Not sure where to put this being a drag car maybe it goes here? I thought I would post a couple of pictures of a 70' MD Javelin just down the road from me called Mission Impossible. This Javelin has been a drag car since new and has always been owned by a fellow named Ray Crepeau who used to own an AMC dealership in Kennebunk Maine the same dealership my Javelin was bought from. Ray has had the Mission Impossible out a few times in the last few years and made an appearance on Pinks about 5 years ago in FL. when they had a special event where there were prizes instead of take ownership of the other vehicle. I remember watching this car run at Oxford Dragway Oxford Maine in the early 70's and listening to the 3 barrel they had on it sing down the track. Below are a few pictures of Mission Imposible, Ray likes to enter it in the wheel standing competition!

Tony

390spirit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 390spirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 6:51am
i talked to Ray at New England Dragway about 3-4 years ago, really nice guy. i remember the pinks episode, he actually blew the engine when a bolt came out of his shifter linkage and it wouldn't shift.

it will hang the hoops pretty good!
Hurst390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurst390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 1:31pm
Cool car..it has a lenco doesn't it?
SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal
idrambler View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 2:06pm
Very cool!!!!...thanks for posting..pictures of AMC race cars are always welcome...........
Jim....AMCRC
Treasure Valley AMC Club, Pres
69 AMX 401/727
74 GremlinX 401/727race only
73 Matador 2dr HT 360/727
JonnyB View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonnyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 2:32pm
Oh Man I LOVE the paint!

That car is one bad dude right there!  Hook'em hard!
fasttony View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fasttony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 4:26pm
  I believe the Mission Impossible Javelin does have a Lenco trans member 390 Spirit is correct about a shifter bolt falling out causing the engine to grenade, my guess is Ray didn't use a rev limiter? IIRC Ray told me it has a bored and stroked 401 block and it was about 575 HP? As to the color it is an original orange car, the current color is lighter than BBO Ray didn't say why that was done. Coincidently there is another original orange 70' Javelin in the same city I live in just a few miles down the road pictured below that one has the rear spoiler also, 3 BBO 70' Javelins in the same neighborhood. The next time I get an email from Ray I will ask when the Mission Impossible will be out again.
Tony

azfletch View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azfletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2015 at 6:27pm
Thanks to the mods for removing the spam.

Edited by azfletch - Aug/05/2015 at 10:43pm
Mark Fletcher
72 AMX 401 with 6K original miles.
70 Mark Donohue Javelin, 390 4 speed with 47K miles.
70 AMX, 390 AT, AC Randall car.
67 Rogue Barbados Blue 290 225HP 4 speed convertible 71K miles.
fasttony View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fasttony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2015 at 6:56pm
I read that post this morning, "johncarter5" might not have been able to make the connection since the original post pictures are no longer up, so here are some more.

Tony
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2015 at 10:40pm
johncarter5 was a "forum spammer" from India. Joined and posted using an IP address hosted in India. Is also on SpamHaus blacklist as spammer.
fasttony View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fasttony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2015 at 11:17pm
I am glad I didn't open that link.

Thanks

Tony
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic