TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Mid-Atlantic Classic AMX Show

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71SC360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mid-Atlantic Classic AMX Show
    Posted: Aug/25/2014 at 8:51am
I only made two AMC shows this year and I am having AMC withdrawal so I went looking for another show within reasonable driving distance from me. This Mid-Atlantic Classic AMX show is one that I found that I thought I'd look into. I have toyed with the idea of attending for a number of years now but I have a few questions. First, how is the turn out there? Fifty cars or less would probably make me shy away because it's a 5 1/2 hour drive for me. Second, how is the parts vending, are there more than 8 or 10 vendors in attendance? If I go to this show I would probably be vending parts, it helps pay for my parts purchases and for trip expenses. I appreciate anyones input that has regularly attended this show....

amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2014 at 10:37am
just had to mapquest this show... would have liked to go but its just too far for me to do this year....OH WELL
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
71SC360 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71SC360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2014 at 8:47am
It amazes me that this has been posted for a week and there are only 44 views and only one response (from someone else that thought about going). I don't want to bad mouth any AMC show but someone from this forum has been to this show or is involved in its promotion. It's apparently not worth talking about here so I doubt that it's worth my trip. For me it's too late to take the time off from work to attend so I won't be going this year. It's really sad that these shows are in the hands of people that don't care enough to make an attempt to promote it on one of the biggest AMC forums on the net.

Mr. Ed View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2014 at 9:33am
The members get a flyer about the show so that could be why there aren't any comments here. As far as the show itself, the turnout is around 30-50 cars depending on the weather. There are two to four vendors, again depending on the weather. The spring show was expanded to include other orphan manufacturers and we had an additional 6-8 Studebakers and a Dodge or two. I expect the fall show will be bigger now that the word is getting around about the addition of others orphans.

The venue is next to the indoor amusement park so there is something for the entire family. And the Peddler's Village is a huge shopping complex. So again, something for the entire family.

Later!
Mr. Ed
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo "Gwendolyn."
1978 Concord Sport coupe "Mr. Black".
1982 Concord wagon. The Admiral. FOR SALE!
1976 Sportabout X, 304, auto, air. The Bronze Goddess

rocklandrambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocklandrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2014 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Mr. Ed Mr. Ed wrote:

The members get a flyer about the show so that could be why there aren't any comments here. As far as the show itself, the turnout is around 30-50 cars depending on the weather. There are two to four vendors, again depending on the weather. The spring show was expanded to include other orphan manufacturers and we had an additional 6-8 Studebakers and a Dodge or two. I expect the fall show will be bigger now that the word is getting around about the addition of others orphans.

The venue is next to the indoor amusement park so there is something for the entire family. And the Peddler's Village is a huge shopping complex. So again, something for the entire family.

Later!
Mr. Ed

Mr Ed, how are a Dodge or two considered "orphans" when Dodges are still being manufactured (such as they are)??
Past AMC's
1974 Hornet X (new)
1975 Gremlin X (new)
1964 Classic 660 Cross Country
1965 American 440-H
Mr. Ed View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2014 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by rocklandrambler rocklandrambler wrote:

Originally posted by Mr. Ed Mr. Ed wrote:

Later!
Mr. Ed

Mr Ed, how are a Dodge or two considered "orphans" when Dodges are still being manufactured (such as they are)??

DOH! I Meant DeSoto! Sucks getting old! Beats the alternative!

Later!
Mr. Ed
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo "Gwendolyn."
1978 Concord Sport coupe "Mr. Black".
1982 Concord wagon. The Admiral. FOR SALE!
1976 Sportabout X, 304, auto, air. The Bronze Goddess

imacarfan2 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imacarfan2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2014 at 4:41pm
I've always thought about going to this show, too. Not in the cards for me this year, though. I really need to get a car done that I can take to some of these events.

Edited by imacarfan2 - Sep/05/2014 at 4:48pm
67 Ambo conv
68 AMX
68 Ambo 4 door
70 Ambo 4 door
(2) 71 Hornets (1 SC/360)
73 Hornet 2 door
77 Matador coupe
77 Sportabout
78 Concord 2 door
81 Concord wagon
68-73 amx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68-73 amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2014 at 8:48pm
I'll be there.The only AMC show in the area.Next year with my car.
vpugly View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2014 at 10:34pm
Hopefully next year for us,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic