TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Mecum Kissimmee - Event Date: Jan/05/2018 - Jan/14/2018

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lover boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Mecum Kissimmee
    Posted: Nov/18/2017 at 10:59am
              There is a sweepstakes you can enter for a chance to win $20,000.00 to bid in the auction.

https://www.goldeagle.com/mecumsweepstakes

There are 3 SC/Rambers consigned, never have seen that many in an auction.  Thumbs Up
70 Donohue 390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70 Donohue 390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2018 at 8:36am
The 70 BigBadBlue Javelin SST hammered at $50,000 this AM. That's strong $$ for this car that still needs some work. I don't believe the owner had any "Donohue" documents per some previous discussions.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0118-319909/1970-amc-javelin-sst-mark-donohue-edition/

67 Rogue 290 Convert

70 BBO 390 5 Speed Javelin-under construction
70amxvegas View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70amxvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2018 at 10:56am
390 4 speed that is why.
cone View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2018 at 5:29am
I don't get it? Why spent a lot of money on a restoration but not do something about the bubbles on the dash.
1987 J20, 87 Grand Wagoneer,70AMX,
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2018 at 11:27am
In my opinion, if the builder can't spend a few hundred bucks on a repro dash face when it's such a visible part what is the car like in the areas that are hidden. 
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
Coloradoamx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coloradoamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2018 at 11:33am
My bet the consignor was a volume dealer who was flipping it.  It probably wasn't sold by the person that did the restoration.  A flipper doesn't care.  It would be fun to get the car and take it to the next level, although after doing that you could never get what you had in it if you sold it.  Its a pretty high entry price to play.

Edited by Coloradoamx - Jan/14/2018 at 11:36am
6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2018 at 4:35pm
I was there and saw the 3 Scramblers, all A scheme. None sold at the auction block. As I recall, the top bids that did not meet reserve were $55,000, $50,000, and $27,000. I looked them over and they were nice, but if I owned the top two I would have dropped the reserve and smiled on the way to the bank. None were all original low mileage. They had various replaced sheet metal. One had dealer added AC. In my opinion, the two were at the top of the market, all the money was on the table.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2018 at 4:44pm
There was a beautiful 1970 Jeep fenderside truck on a dealer lot near the auction and we stopped to take a look. My brother, who worked on Jeeps for 50 years, thought something was different about it. It turned out that it was from Puerto Rico. Jeep made 1970 trucks for that market with the early 60s style box, 232, 4 speed truck tranny and heater delete. A few days later it turned up at the Mecum auction. I didn't see it sell. The dealer wanted $15K cash. I can't stop thinking about it.
I also saw a 4 door diesel Toyota truck. The owner was there and I told him I did not recall that configuration. It came from the Cayman Islands.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic