TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > In Memoriam
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Mark Stone Passing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POWERSTROKER7.3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mark Stone Passing
    Posted: May/02/2018 at 7:13pm
We lost a great person and a heck of a AMC guy Mark Stone of Boone IA. He died suddenly in a accident. I always enjoyed talking with Mark at AMO,the Graduation Car Show and at NAMDRA or the few phone calls we'd exchange or my visit to his house. He's was a stand up guy and a heck of a friend and I'll sure miss him. His wake is May 10 in Boone IA. Here's the link http://www.newsrepublican.com/obituaries/20180502/mark-stone-dec-17-1956-8211-april-30-2018
javelinman74 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javelinman74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2018 at 7:30pm
Prayers for the family and friends
Blessings
Richard
www.a70sthingautomobilia.com
It Used To Be an AMC Thing...
     No One Understands!
1982 Eagle SX/4
Daily Drivers since 1995!
71SC360 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71SC360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2018 at 7:31pm
That's very sad news... I didn't know Mark well, but I knew him because our common interest SC/360's. He seemed like a pretty great guy. I know he will be missed in the hobby. My sincerest condolences go out to his family..
Scene One View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scene One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2018 at 7:53pm
Always sad to hear but he and his family will be in my prayers.

B.P.
Rogue343 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogue343 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2018 at 8:18am
Met Mark many years ago when he purchased an AMX from me.  Got to be good friends.  Always enjoyed seeing him and talking to him at the shows.  Saw him at Kenosha and know he had some issues with cancer but am totally shocked to see he's gone. Thoughts and prayers to Mark's family.  RIP my friend.
1967 Rambler Rogue 'X' code 343 4 speed
1966 Rambler American 440 4 door Factory 290 (now 360) 4 speed VIN 100003
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2018 at 12:52pm
Prayers going out to his family and friends.  A loss to many.
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
S Curry View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S Curry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2018 at 3:35pm
Wow. Just sent an email just last week.....Prayers to his family. He had quite a collection....
SC
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2018 at 8:38pm
I last saw Mark at the Kenosha show in 2016.  He was a great guy and about 10 years ago maybe a little less he made a parts buying trip out to the West Coast.  I sold him a two 69 Javelins which was the last thing he could fit in his semi.   He had been to Idaho and the northwest was swinging through CA to begin his trip home.  A great guy and he was a real asset to the hobby.  RIP.  Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic