TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Madd Matt the Road Race Matador

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/15/2019 at 1:32pm
That's pretty cool! Enjoy! Thanks for posting pictures , love watching your progress! 
asifnyc View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2020 at 5:31pm
Pic from yesterday Smile

asifnyc.com
'74 Jav/'74 Mat Race
'73 Jav/'75 Grm street
'75 Grm, '62 Amer, '70/'71 Jav - projects
Girthquake View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Girthquake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2020 at 4:59pm
"Yes sir, this is the picture that made me tongue-punch my screen."

Wish I had seen this earlier for inspiration- there was a Matador in my local JY that was clearly in someone's barn that was simply given up without an attempt to sell. How many Javelins do you own? You're website mentions at least ~5! I can barely find one manual one here in the rust belt!
White70JavelinSST View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2020 at 8:42am
Today is the first time I saw more of a side view of the car.

In big letters on the quarter panel is ASR.

In SCCA Road Racing classification that meant the car was in the A/Sports Racing category.

Which is where SCCA used to place cars that had no other class that they were eligible for.

BTW, back in the 80s I used to see former Can Am cars competing in that class. Tough competition.

Any insight on that ASR on the side of the car?

70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
Jmerican View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmerican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2020 at 11:55am
70, maybe some kind of autocross class, [A Stock, Radial?]. Or Street, R compound. More like. (Edit) 

Edit edit, maybe it’s racier than I thought, after looking at its blog page. I don’t know, I retract my thoughts and up my interest. 

Edited by Jmerican - May/26/2020 at 12:00pm
asifnyc View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2020 at 1:16pm
car was originally built in 2000 I believe for SCCA endurance racing (12hr races).  did 3 races near chicago.  Gingerman and blackhawk farms.  was sold, sat on a farm for 7 years.  I bought it. sat at my place 5 years and now have put it back together over the last 6 months. currently still sidelined with a BAD oil leak (rear main suspected). 

oh, I have FOUR javelins, 3 humpsters and a '70 shell.

I am storing 2 Javelins for friends.  so that's SIX on the property :)

asifnyc.com
'74 Jav/'74 Mat Race
'73 Jav/'75 Grm street
asifnyc View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote asifnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2023 at 5:14pm
FINALLY!!!!  after years I've gotten this to a point where it can start to be developed on track.  Here's my first baby steps with the Matador on a track.

asifnyc.com
'74 Jav/'74 Mat Race
'73 Jav/'75 Grm street
bbgjc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbgjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2023 at 5:55pm
How about this gem!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTwQ4gv_tso     
I built this thing to to race the Land Yacht class in Lemon's Racing at Gingerman Race Track in MI.  
Only 50% of the team actually knew how to turn a wrench.   It was fun.

Thats thing still runs and fires up, even with the tank full of fuel from over 10 years ago.

Your's looks a little better.Tongue
bulletpruf View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulletpruf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2023 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by asifnyc asifnyc wrote:

FINALLY!!!!  after years I've gotten this to a point where it can start to be developed on track.  Here's my first baby steps with the Matador on a track.

Looks great and sounds great, Asif!

Scott
Please check out my YouTube channel for vintage car and truck shenanigans! https://www.youtube.com/@THEBULLETPROOFGARAGE
6t8amxetc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6t8amxetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2023 at 9:08pm
Absolutely love it! Keep us up to date!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic