TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Mad max is alive again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2015 at 2:17pm
Just a few more replies and you can post some pics for us to see this "Mad Max"!! 
Cool
Dennis 
Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2015 at 5:29pm
Hi Dennis     I will use up another reply and ask you a question, I see you have SS AMX #9 . I have a friend in Victoria Canada that bought #45 out of LA early in the 80.s . I gave him a hand with parts and stuff to put it back stock and a good he did , but sold it for 25 or 28 thousand US to a guy back east I think,you probably know of it and it's were abouts . The car had all the 70 front and rear which we swapped over to 69 again . I kick myself for not buying it ,just the wrong time.
THE MENACE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2015 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Amx nz Amx nz wrote:

Hi Dennis     I will use up another reply and ask you a question, I see you have SS AMX #9 . I have a friend in Victoria Canada that bought #45 out of LA early in the 80.s . I gave him a hand with parts and stuff to put it back stock and a good he did , but sold it for 25 or 28 thousand US to a guy back east I think,you probably know of it and it's were abouts . The car had all the 70 front and rear which we swapped over to 69 again . I kick myself for not buying it ,just the wrong time.

I'm not sure of who you are talking about with #45.

I don't have SS/AMX #9 (The Big Menace). It was one of the cars we raced when my dad had his AMC dealership here in So. CA.  My next project is a replica of that car. I do have a few of the original parts from SS/AMX #9, like the complete dash with delete plates, velocity stacks, Hurst shifter, roller rocker arms, valve covers, distributor and coil, fender extensions, 1/4 extensions and a couple of other things that I can't think of right now. I use to have the original hood scoop too----Angry don't ask! I have been gathering parts for this project for the couple years and now I have most of the major parts to build the car. Hope to start on it later this year.

Dennis 
Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2015 at 8:06pm
That's neat , I have done the same thing. Early 2012 I bought a 68 but should have been 69 AMX off a guy named Jim from Manatoba Canada who had the real true SS ,butt it burnt up in a storage facility so he made a clone one and is the one I bought off him . The number of his I have some where I just got to go and find , this one did a lot of races in Canada and some in the states.
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2015 at 8:26pm
I went back my paper work and Jim said that they weren't sure of numbers and that the AMC dealership would not give up the information they were seeking. TURKEYS
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2015 at 8:35pm
Looks like I'm in for sending some pictures now. I will try and sus out how to send them,I,m not good at reading and writing so it could take a while.   
Mad max # 15
Slate View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2015 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Amx nz Amx nz wrote:

That's neat , I have done the same thing. Early 2012 I bought a 68 but should have been 69 AMX off a guy named Jim from Manatoba Canada who had the real true SS ,butt it burnt up in a storage facility so he made a clone one and is the one I bought off him . The number of his I have some where I just got to go and find , this one did a lot of races in Canada and some in the states.

Ahh, you're talking about Jim L'Esperence. I've corresponded with him in the past. Very nice fellow. 

Steve
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2015 at 10:07pm
YES THATS RIGHT HE GAVE ME SOME OF HIS STUFF [ AMC COAT ,  PICS  , TROPHIES AND SUCH ]  ,JIM IS A VERY NICE GUY ALL RIGHT AND LOVES TO SHEAR HIS KNOWLEDGE . TOOK HIM TO LOST WAGES LAST YEAR TO THE WINTER DRAGS ,THERE WAS NOT MUCH HE DID NOT NOW ABOUT THE DRAG RACING SCENE
Mad max # 15
Slate View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2015 at 10:58pm
Did you make the '68 look more like the Transcona version? The distinctive thing about it was the '70 AMX sidemarker lights on the front fenders. That and the Cragar/Keystone style wheels.

Steve
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2015 at 11:10pm
No Jim had kept the car stock except he put the SS hood scoop on and painted the red white and blue the way the SS was be for it burnt up in the fire
Mad max # 15
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic