TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Mad max is alive again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mad max is alive again
    Posted: Dec/27/2014 at 1:24am
Hi  Australian AMC'er   It has taken me one and a half years to get on the forum to chat to you people about this car. I,m just starting to put the paint on the car { in the next week or so}, I would like your input as to your thoughts on if my thinking is on the button . The paint will be the mad max colour as this car is known for , I thought long and hard and thought in stead of the true white that it was in the beging it  made more scents to do it MAD MAX. I do have all the original parts for this car,motor, trans, exc.  I also have #2 of 24 amx,s which I will keep original  
83GT View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2014 at 5:52am
Hello and Welcome to the forum!
Hurry up and get your 30 posts, we all want to see pics!!
2014 Star Stryker - Only Ride
1992 Bayliner Trophy Walk-Around
74gremx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74gremx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2014 at 3:14pm
Welcome aboard, Doug.
1970 Javelin 360/727
1974 Levis Gremlin X 304/904
1964 American Convertible
1974 Matador wagon (parts)
2016 Holden Cruze Equipe
2014 Holden Colorado
"Don't mistake activity for achievement".

WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2014 at 5:48pm
Yes, welcome to the forum. We had a discussion on here back when you brought the car. Did you end up finding any evidence on the body for the link to Mad Max? I think it would be cool to do one in the Mad Max colour scheme, especially since you have a couple to play with, they can't all be boring restorations.
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2014 at 6:41pm
Thanks 74gremx and WesternRed.          No I did not find any holes or anything to say it is but did find Havana gold paint on the front engine hold down and hood hinges.The guy I bought the car from had done a lot of body work and put a lot thick brown paint on the under side in thick black enamel paint ,all and all it is what saved the car from rust . Had to cut out some old panel repare and get good straight steel backin .The guy I got to panel and paint is probably the best around these parts ,he has painted two other cars for me ( 68 AMX and 68 JAV ) and both are unreal so I feel pretty lucky to have him
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2015 at 8:43pm
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing some photo's.
I have been emailing with Luke and James at the Australian Muscle Car magazine who said they either had a chat with you or would like too. Did they contact you at all? As I think they want to do some more on the Aussie AMX's in the magazine. Shame you aren't closer so you could bring them to the 2nd annual Australian AMC/Rambler show this year in Albury and show them off.
 Looking forward to updates Smile
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2015 at 12:50am
Thanks 70 Hornet.      Yes the Australian muscle car magazine guys I have been in touch with , but haven't heard much back sense . They said that they would get back later as I gave them as much info on the two Aussie AMX s that I have so we will see what come,s of it. Soon I will be able to get some picture to you guys, I got yellow on the car on New Years eve and should have the red and blue on in a week or so fingers crossed . When I,am able I will get the pics to all of uses
Thanks again
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2015 at 10:17pm
Just to keep you up with progress we have put some red on today and tonight we will get some blue and the white lines on I hope
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2015 at 11:01pm
As of today have all the colours on and have put 6 coats of clear on the main body and just have the doors and fenders to finish , this painter guy is just unreal ,he wants to make sure things are just so and it shows. I hope you Australians will approve of the colour scheme, I'm torn as to what motor to put in it at this point !
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2015 at 1:55pm
I have a blown 390 a tricked up 390 with cross ram intake, stock 390 and the stock 343 that is the original one out of car, it still needs rebuilding . I have a couple of steel hoods and a couple of fiberglass hoods as well . If I have to cut a bounet it will be the glass one , so we will paint one glass one and one steel one and have the options open.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic