TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Machine Quarter Repair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2018 at 7:03pm
Think I understand how the rear valance and quarter come together. Both appear to be spot welded to the backside of the trunk drop.

Did some cleaning on that area. Apparently metal termites lived here. It'll have to be rebuilt.

A look at where the tail panel meets the quarter in the corner. Had to remove a bunch of seam sealer.

gd5052 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gd5052 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2018 at 1:41pm
Great work man I'm doing the same work on my AMX
I'm in Il. also
one bad rambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote one bad rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2018 at 5:12pm
NiCE!!!!
68 AMX 390 4 Speed,68 American,64 American 2 Door Wagon Altered Wheelbase,78 Concord Build 360,727,8.8
Rebel Machine View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2018 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by gd5052 gd5052 wrote:

Great work man I'm doing the same work on my AMX
I'm in Il. also

Cool, did the same work on my AMX some time ago.

-Steve-

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2018 at 3:44pm
Removed the spot welded section of the rear quarter panel.

Went deeper down the rabbit hole when I removed the seam sealer between the rear panel and floor pan.

67Rebel770 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67Rebel770 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2018 at 7:32pm
That is some serious work, I can relate, well done!
1967 Rambler Rebel 770 w/290
1970 AMC Rebel SST w/390
1973 AMX 401 4 speed project
1974 Javelin w/360
one bad rambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote one bad rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2018 at 9:21pm
Nice work!!!! it reminds me of my son`s Concord clean straight org. paint untill i started stripping it...Everything was put together unpainted...I find most hobbiest do the best job restoring a car..A body shop would have seam sealed it and called it done
68 AMX 390 4 Speed,68 American,64 American 2 Door Wagon Altered Wheelbase,78 Concord Build 360,727,8.8
hassyfoto View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassyfoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2018 at 5:14am
Very Nice!
Thumbs Up
Murphy's Law:
Any given mechanical job you decide to solve alone will imminently require a third hand, at its most critical moment

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2018 at 6:23am
Back side of the rot.

I'll make a replacement piece for the trunk pan extension and weld it in. Then I'll do the same for the section I cut out of the tail panel.

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2018 at 6:31pm
Probably ought to address this too.

Drilled out the spot welds where it's attached to the tail pan.

Cut the piece out.

Made a replacement part and welded it in.

Working our way back up the rabbit hole. Fabbed up the trunk pan extension and welded it in.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic