TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

M-12 tranny lines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbltrbl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2017 at 4:53am
Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

Originally posted by ramblinrev ramblinrev wrote:

Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

PS are you installing new lines? If so there were different lines used. There are different connections to the soft lines to the rad.

I know this is an old post, but since it's been brought up, I think the M12 in a Javelin or AMX only uses hard lines to the radiator. The aluminum case M40 on a Javelin (n/a on an AMX) will have flexible/rubber lines between the radiator and the hard lines. Not sure why, but that's what I've observed.

My M11B has soft lines, when buying the new lines there was options on what ends you needed. I replaced with what was on the car, which I "assumed" were correct as I can't imagine replacing lines back int he 70's/early 80s when the car was last on the road.

My 70 AMX 360 has hard lines which i believe are orginal but unlike on Ohio AMX photos mine runs to the left side below flexplate and then to front.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic