TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Jeeps and Eagle 4x4 fun.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Lost the key of my jeep - Needs a locksmith

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carnuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2013 at 1:56pm
The passenger side door lock may still have the code on it.
PlazinJavelin View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlazinJavelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2013 at 8:52pm
Have you tried contacting a Jeep dealer? If you can supply your VIN number along with proof you own the Jeep I think they can get you a replacement key.
kalve View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2013 at 9:24pm
just get the key off ebay an have the key cut
1964 T bird Landau

2000 Mercedes Benz CLK 430 convertible

1970 AMC Rebel SST Wagon
JordanSmith12 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JordanSmith12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2016 at 5:05am
Well  i recently had lost my car key and http://www.doublestarlocks.com/services/margate-locksmith - locksmith had made a new key.I finally conclude that locksmith is not such expensive as the dealer.
raser13 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raser13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2016 at 6:15am
And that's why i keep a extra set of keys for all my vehicles in a lock box. If i loose one i just get the spare set. If the original doesn't turn up in a week or so i get a new one cut off the spare. If the original turns up i just toss it on the ring with the spare. Easy peasy. Another idea is if you can get a lock cylinder out is go around to your local junk yards and see if they have a set of keys. Alt of them keep master sets. If not they may have one out in a car that will work for you. Might take a little while to find but save you some cash.
Rodrigosmith View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodrigosmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2016 at 2:50am
I've been told by a honda dealer once, that the code is punched internally on the ignition switch. Check with a dealer to be sure before you go tearing it apart.Then i go to dealer but he charged me very high then i contact to Berwyn Locksmith and they meet me at my place ad made a set of keys for me. 
mikevolpe View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikevolpe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/12/2016 at 2:56am
Originally posted by herexmafe herexmafe wrote:

I have my 2004 Wrangler jeep and i have lost the key of my jeep and now i'm unable to drive it or unlock it so now i badly needs a locksmith who would provide me the new keys for my jeep but i can't find any affordable locksmith if anyone knows such locksmith kindly tell me about it.

If you are in need of a auto locksmith then you need to follow a few steps. You can call your family or friends and ask them for a recommendation to a reliable locksmith. If you've got some time, you can also look for the Locksmiths on the internet. You can easily find a locksmith in your area or any location by searching on the internet.

purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/12/2016 at 7:20am
Originally posted by raser13 raser13 wrote:

And that's why i keep a extra set of keys for all my vehicles in a lock box. If i loose one i just get the spare set. If the original doesn't turn up in a week or so i get a new one cut off the spare. If the original turns up i just toss it on the ring with the spare. Easy peasy. Another idea is if you can get a lock cylinder out is go around to your local junk yards and see if they have a set of keys. Alt of them keep master sets. If not they may have one out in a car that will work for you. Might take a little while to find but save you some cash.
X2. 
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/12/2016 at 7:22am
Originally posted by kalve kalve wrote:

just get the key off ebay an have the key cut
then you have to bid for the key.  what if I needed the key now?  then in that case ebay is not the answer.
amxron View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2016 at 11:17pm
AAA has locksmiths on call.

Ron.
AMXron
Fleet/Jeep Mgr.
Orbit AMC/Jeep
50-1787
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic