TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep > Dealership Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Lost Dealership Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 44>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2014 at 10:11pm
Was going through some pictures of my GF's old Suzuki Samurai and found this. Golden Ears Motors was an AMC dealer and turned into a Dodge, Jeep, Eagle Dealership and has since been torn down and is now a brand new Hyundai Dealer.

Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
carnuck View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carnuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2014 at 11:07am
My first Eagle wagon was from there. 
Green Martian View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Martian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2014 at 12:51pm
This is the newspaper listing for my Dad's Rambler Dealership in Frostburg, MD from 1962. The car is a replica of a 1902 Rambler which he owned.
wsw View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2015 at 7:29am
Hi, I know this is a really old post, but I found this link and it gives some interesting insight into what happened to Ed-N-Sam AMC Jeep in South Chicago. The place kinda died as the mills were closing down.

http://openjurist.org/953/f2d/307/trzcinski-v-american-casualty-co
trewyn15 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trewyn15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2015 at 9:12am
Does anyone know about the 'Rockford Rambler'? I'm assuming Rockford IL.
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn Night Edition
2000 Trans Am WS6
1989 Trans Am GTA
1989 Grand Prix ASC/McLaren
1983 AMC Concord DL
1966 AMC Rambler Rebel Classic
Addicted View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addicted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2015 at 2:11pm
Great list! Thank you. In Eugene, Or. prior to Sheppard the Rambler dealer was Grant Motors 1810 W 7th, currently the Kia dealer. Our family bought a lot of cars from John Fortenberry there. They started back in the late 50's and were bought out by Sheppard in 77 or 78. Sheppard was Jeep only before they bought out Grant's, added Fiat in the early 80's.
iraceitall View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iraceitall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2016 at 2:52pm
I'll get a pic of my old hometown AMC dealer, Western Motors in Lewistown Montana. It was the AMC dealer from the 60's to mid 70's when Imperial Motors took over. My boss's uncle owned the dealership. Imperial is now a Ford/Dodge/Jeep dealer; Western is a flooring company. S/S AMX #37, Miss Vi, was campaigned from Western. I know the original driver. Long time local racer.

Edited by iraceitall - Feb/17/2016 at 4:03pm
autotraveler View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote autotraveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2016 at 9:13pm
I just discovered this thread and want to ask for help.

First, I'm the Founder and Editor of Legendary American Motors Magazine. In the first issue, and every issue I hope to produce will include what I call AMC Archaeology, then and now photos of buildings that once served as Nash, Rambler and American Motors dealerships. Here's the two pages from the first issue.

LAMM is available as a print-on-demand print edition and as a Kindle eBook at

http://bit.ly/OrderLAMMonAmazon

I have connections to two AMC dealerships and want to see if anyone has in-period photos, especially postcards, of either.

First I grew up in Union, NJ, and there was a Rambler dealer there, Richard's Rambler on West Chestnut Street. My connection is that Richard's Rambler's owner, Richard Crosta was a big supporter of the team's Pop Warner football program and I played Pop Warner football in 1965 and 1966.

Second, from 1976 to 1981 I installed aftermarket auto electronics at Jack Seneca's Greenbrook AMC Jeep. I also ordered my first new car there, a 1978 AMC Concord and ordered the day ordering opened, a 1980 AMC Eagle.

Thanks for any help,

Richard Truesdell
Lake Elsinore, CA
Founder and Editor, Legendary American Motors Magazine

Edited by autotraveler - Dec/07/2016 at 9:18pm
401harry View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2016 at 6:44pm
Ray Jacobs AMC in North Philadelphia. I bought my Spirit there in 1980. Small dealer with only a few cars as I remember. Found what I thought was a bumper emblem on ebay but way too big and heavy so must have been on an award or something.Still have the original bill of sale

81eagle88 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81eagle88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2017 at 2:04pm
Have a key holder fob from Goodman's AMC, JEEP, RENAULT in Hamden, CT.   # 288-3341.    Address 1576 Dixwell Ave.   (1980's)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 44>
  Share Topic