TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep > Dealership Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Lost Dealership Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 44>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70MarkDonohue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2007 at 12:47pm
I had these stickers made up and am selling them.  Actual size is 7.5" X 1.375".  It is printed on reflected white.  They are $8.00 for one or $7.00 for more than one each.  If you are interested, PM me and I will give you the details for getting them.

Edited by 70MarkDonohue - Sep/26/2007 at 1:02pm
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2007 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by 70MarkDonohue 70MarkDonohue wrote:

I had these stickers made up and am selling them.  Actual size is 7.5" X 1.375".  It is printed on reflected white.  They are $8.00 for one or $7.00 for more than one each.  If you are interested, PM me and I will give you the details for getting them.
I'll see you at the next meeting & talk to you then.......
Ohio AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ohio AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2007 at 3:14am
70D, that's awesome how you had those stickers repro'd! I feel that a correct dealer sticker or license frame really completes a restoration. How many did you have to have printed? Do you think your source could do this one (reflective)?
1940 Hupmobile Skylark
1968 Javelin future Pro Street
1969 AMX 290/auto (first car)
1997 Dodge SS/T 5.9L
AMO# 983
IowaEagle View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IowaEagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2007 at 3:58am
Before the advent of stickers a lot of dealers actually had metal dealership logos made up and permanently attached them to the car. 
Mountainmoron View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountainmoron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2007 at 10:08am
Originally posted by IowaEagle IowaEagle wrote:

Before the advent of stickers a lot of dealers actually had metal dealership logos made up and permanently attached them to the car. 

I know of some local dealerships who still use metal emblems instead of stickers. But they're stuck on with 3M tape instead of being drilled into the car.

My dad had a thing against the dealer "advertising for free" on the back of the cars he owned (I know... don't ask).

Before he took delivery he'd tell the salesperson not to put any dealer stickers or emblems on his car. When he picked up his new '68 Dart GT and it had the emblem on the trunk lid he made a federal case out of it. They ended up removing it and filling in the holes.  
'69 AMX 390EFI, AMO #9412
70MarkDonohue View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70MarkDonohue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2007 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Ohio AMX Ohio AMX wrote:

70D, that's awesome how you had those stickers repro'd! I feel that a correct dealer sticker or license frame really completes a restoration. How many did you have to have printed? Do you think your source could do this one (reflective)?
We had and good new sticker to start with. put yours on a disc with the L x W and send it to me and i'll see what I can do. May cost more three colors and a black back ground. It was a refective they had to order it for my job still should have some left, the ink would not stick to what they had in stock.

Edited by 70MarkDonohue - Sep/28/2007 at 12:25am
71SC360 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71SC360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2007 at 2:51am
Does anyone collect dealer emblems? I have a few from different locations around the country. I was just wondering because I think it would be a really great collection. A dealer photo and an original emblem would look awesome together.....
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2007 at 3:53am
I agree - these are really cool. I've always been a collector of anything from dealerships. I like the everyday stuff like this that was long forgotten or thrown out.

and Bill - I agree with your dad. I hate dlrship stickers on my cars now. I bought a new car this past weekend and as soon as I got home the heat gun came out and the sticker was gone! The wagon does still have the Jeffries (previously Rockford Rambler) sticker on the hatch though!
AMO Newsletter Editor
70 Donohue 390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70 Donohue 390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2007 at 8:50am
Originally posted by IowaEagle IowaEagle wrote:

Here'ya go Bill. This is on a 7? Pierre Cardin Javelin on Ebay right now:

67 Rogue 290 Convert

70 BBO 390 5 Speed Javelin-under construction
Mountainmoron View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountainmoron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2007 at 10:23am
I remember that name, Ron! "Hebert" was pronounced "Hey-Bare."
'69 AMX 390EFI, AMO #9412
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 44>
  Share Topic