TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC 6 Cylinder Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Lord Help my 67 232 Rebel.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad2192 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lord Help my 67 232 Rebel.
    Posted: Nov/03/2018 at 4:16pm
Having a crank no-start issue. Had the car running for an hour after I just fixed my half-throttle-stall issue with new line front to back. Then, it died and will sometimes start but wont stay running, mostly just cranking with an occasional backfire. Carb is brand new and adjusted properly. During this issue I have replaced the battery, plugs, wires, distributor, rotor, ignition coil. I have notice I can get a few turns if I pull the vacuum on the distributor valve. But, I really need some help here. It is certainly getting enough fuel, the other parts are fresh off the shelf. I am at a total loss at this point. I also cleaned the point in the distributor with a little sandpaper to make sure it wasn't a contact issue. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2018 at 4:53pm
Have you replaced the condenser?
Brad2192 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad2192 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2018 at 5:22pm
I did not, they look brand new. I'll definitely do that!
gcunard View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcunard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2018 at 2:00am
Interested if this fixed the issue.  If the only change was fuel line, seems odd the condenser would die at the same time.  Although it is old! Chunk of debris into the new line?  
Brad2192 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad2192 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2018 at 11:55am
Originally posted by gcunard gcunard wrote:

Interested if this fixed the issue.  If the only change was fuel line, seems odd the condenser would die at the same time.  Although it is old! Chunk of debris into the new line?  
It was fixed thank you for asking, it runs beautifully now. Essentially it was the needle and seat that we're having issue. I bought an NOS carburetor but the needle was put in improperly, yet I had never taken it apart and it was in the box, so it seems as though the manufacturer installed it backwards.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic