TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Looking for advice.  What's keeping me from 10's
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Looking for advice. What's keeping me from 10's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purpleheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2014 at 6:23pm
Here's a link with my cars info and timeslip

http://www.dragtimes.com/AMC-AMX-Timeslip-19666.html

Paul
Best time 10.38, Best mph 128.73, Best 60ft 1.38
pipefactory View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipefactory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2014 at 7:49am
I'd like to flow my heads to see what's going on in there.
I have flat top Ross pistons and the heads are still 63cc.
Face distorting torque
10.99@121 mph
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipefactory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2014 at 7:43am
Been thinking about a bigger carb. 850 or 950 E85. Any thoughts on that.
Face distorting torque
10.99@121 mph
jcisworthy View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcisworthy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2014 at 7:55pm
Small clean up on Indy heads, how small? 
They are not good out of the box and a small clean up wont make for a good set of heads.
Sounds like its time for some porting. 

Either carb would work well. The 950 may print a better dyno number but not make the car faster. 
I would go with a 950 if you have any plans of porting, may not be ideal now but will  be better with ported heads. 
hornetnut View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hornetnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2014 at 1:24am
I can't help but notice that when you were forced to short shift it that your e.t's improved,  I have realized over the years that lower shift points have improved many friend's e.t's as well.Is it possible that you are just simply shifting out of the power band?
carnuck View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carnuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2014 at 2:37pm
Shifting beyond the breathing point of the heads. Has the cam been dialed in? With the E85 I would test advancing the cam about 3 degrees so the power band turns on sooner or if you continue the higher RPM shifting, retard the cam and test for ping with more advanced timing.
flboatman1 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flboatman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2014 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by pipefactory pipefactory wrote:

Hi guys, been busy so I haven't been on the forum for a while. Just got back from Rock Falls Raceway with my best run at 11.25 @ 116.7 mph. That's my all time record now. I looked at my tac just before the finish and it read 6000. My motor hp dropped off at 6200 on the dyno. I have 4.10 gears and 27.3" tires. I'm thinking I'm running out of gear. Also my 60 foot is 1.52. What do you guys think on changing to 3.73 gears? My mph just seems lopsided compared to other cars at the track that were more mph and less ET.??
You are probably pushing way to much air from the 500 ft. to the 1320 ft. mark. car is to high in air, and air is getting caught under car and acting like a parachute, lower car as much as possible. and maybe a air dam on front, stop as much as possible, my Spirit is 5 inches off ground and my frt coil overs are adjusted as low, as possible, when I did that I picked up 3 mph in 1/8 mi.   
FLBOATMAN1
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipefactory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2015 at 7:46am
OK, new plan what do you think. I'm pulling my motor this weekend. Taking apart for some oil leak issues.
I'm bringing my SR401 heads down to Minneapolis (R&R performance)these guys get some numbers out of heads, they got 305 out of a set of 291C's for my friends 401. I have $1200.00 saved just for head work. Want to get heads milled down also to make 12.5 to 1 compression, right now they are 63CC and they are supposed to be able to go to 49CC.
Was thinking too about Quick fuel Q-series 1050/4150.
I don't want to change the cam though as it is real streetable and will still yank the wheels in my driveway.
Any thoughts?
Face distorting torque
10.99@121 mph
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipefactory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2015 at 7:43am
Any takers on my plans? Got my wood stove hot in the AMC shop, 14 degrees this am gonna get it out today.
Face distorting torque
10.99@121 mph
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipefactory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2015 at 11:08am
Motor out, heads off going to machine shop Thursday
Face distorting torque
10.99@121 mph
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic