TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Lets Go Nostalgia Pro Stock Racing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 26>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ramblin on Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2010 at 12:37pm
Ah YES!    Motor Wheel Flys!   Those would look cool !   There out there but not cheap.
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2010 at 2:31am
Shirley Shahan had both a Gremlin and and a notch back Hornet , that I believe were both 1970 models. They were raced with limited success and then the Pro Stock program went to Wally Booth and Kanner's . I think there an article out of car craft I believe with an article on Shirley's original AMC Pro Stock cars. I don't know who has the Gremlin but at one time circa 2002 or So Lou Dowling had the Hornet. Not sure if he has still or not as he retired and moved to some where in Arizona. Both Lou Dowling and Shirley were at the Cactus Cruiser spring AMO meet in Phoenix, AZ this spring and I did talk to them , but this subject did not come up. We are hoping to get Shirley and possibly Lou to the SNAMC club regional meet in November and i may be able to ask them about this then. LRDaum
LRDaum
Aljav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2010 at 10:08pm
Time for some updates. I have been very busy working on The Pro Stock and My AMX. Work the the Concord one day, Raced mine the next, worked on my trailer the next day and then back to the Concord.. and now back home to get caught up on things at home, and back to work tomorrow.

Well we have been very busy for the last week and more. Some good news and some .. well... in need of work. We are trying to make it to our first race in Norwalk Ohio. Summit Motorsports Park

9th Blue Suede Cruise

Friday August 20, 8am-5pm
Saturday August 21, 8am-5pm
Sunday August 22, 8am-3pm
Its really hard to say as of today If we are going to make it, but we sure are trying. Right now its like  cramming for Exam. every minute we have free we are working on or thinking of whats next.

Good new is the new motor fired up on the first try. Bad news is a small oil leak ( possible crank scrapper), but we are working on that, and hopefully we can get it taken care of real soon. 

Working on getting that old school , snorkel hood scoop. First one we ordered they said there is a problem with the mold, not good for us, We also just got one free one..used kinda short , not sure if its going to work. And getting another one shipped to us this week, hopefully its the the best one!!

The fuel cell developed a leak, which was fixed but the New Team fabricator built us a new aluminum Fuel cell. An awesome piece of work.. In time you will hear more about him!!

Working on getting in a new dash, little project in itself. Also we got a new seat as it requires that it has two seats, so that part is almost done.

No tunnel ram yet, but Its best that the testing is done first with this and as soon as we get it all running and the Tunnel ram is done we will bolt that on and be ready to go!!

New headers are awesome looking

Allan

69 AMX 9.86 132 mph 71 JAV/AMX and 69 Javelin, .. NAMDRA member #1106
Hurst390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurst390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2010 at 10:36am
Cool Al looks like this NPS thing may motivate me to get my gremlin going finally.I hope this continues to grow..
SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal
Aljav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2010 at 11:43pm
We are very Curious where this NPS is going to go too.. We are hoping it grows like the all the other nostalgia groups have. We have a lot to grow to.

As for the Gremlin..Get going on it!!!.. Think how cool it would be to have TWO AMCs running NPS. If your going to the AMC NAts we will have to Chat about it!!

As for Updates . Well its been very hectic this last couple of weeks. This weekend I finally got a new dash and worked late on Saturday to get it in. Its looking pretty good, it will need a few refinements, but I figure that will have to wait till Winter to make it perfect. Its  a lot of work to get it to fit around a roll cage and look nice after you do a lot of cutting to make it fit and then you lose a lot of strength of the original dash cause so much is removed in parts and the cutting to make it fit.

The Car had to go to the body Shop for a few touch ups. The snorkle hood scoop is being worked on right now, elsewhere. We doubt it will be painted but flat black is good for us... for now.
Alignment of the front end on Wednesday and then we all head off to the AMO show In Michigan. Then hopefully we get to make one night next week for a quick trip to the track to test. If not, all testing will have to wait till Norwalk!!

Its been crazy and hetic. I live a hour and a half away from Mark and we are constantly calling or emailing back and forth, but we are making every atempt to make it to Norwalk.

Hope to we make it to Norwalk and maybe meet a few AMCers!!

Allan
Aljav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2010 at 12:57am
Fitting new dash.Wow lots of work with roll cage in the way and trying to make it as nice as can be

painting dash pieces

Installed

Aljav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2010 at 1:07am
New Decals on the car.
There is no way we are going to Norwalk this week at a Good Guys show without the decal on the car, Hopefully the car runs as good as the decal looks like!!!

ROGUE66 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROGUE66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2010 at 9:57am
Very cool it will be nice to Mark out with the car again. The dash is coming along great.
Aljav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2010 at 10:02am
Here was the Big Purchase of the weekend!

While we are still looking at having a Sheet metal tunnel ram built, we need something to get the car going closer to what the Organization wants. 

Took a while for the negotiations on price, as we look at value of use not value of collectors. But in the end the price was fair and the Tunnel ram is a un-abused  unit. The problem with the manilifold is that it is very dusty.. and I think we can deal with that.

Aljav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2010 at 10:07am
Here was the best part of the Weekend at Michigans AMO Natioanl Meet.. Meeting WALLY BOOTH!!
What a great Guy and filled with loads of Information. I could sit with him for hours and not only am I a AMC engine nut , but I love history and Wally is filled with both!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 26>
  Share Topic